Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 05:27 PM

How is access to the levitating lounge going to work? Will there be a time limit / drink limit for staying in the lounge? Obviously, it can't accomodate all the passengers who want to go inside. Will you need a reservation or will there be other restrictions to limit the size of the crowd inside?
Old 10-24-2009, 06:59 PM

I'm curious if you can really enjoy a ship this size. Is it set up well to be able to figure out how to get around to different attractions/venues? Or is the size of the ship too overwhelming? And what about the number of people onboard? Do you feel like there are too many other people around you? Does the number of people impact a passenger's ability to enjoy what the ship has to offer (wait lines, theater too large to enjoy the show, etc)?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Administrator

If anyone thinks the media blitz for the Oasis has been getting busier lately, just wait until RCI takes delivery of the ship in about 48 hours.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Another fact: The running track on Oasis is 0.43 miles in length. ~2.4 laps equals one mile. I think about that and then remember when I ran the mile in high school track. Like most outdoor tracks of the era, we had a 440 yard track and it took 4 laps to do a mile. The football field was in the center.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:59 PM

The travel section in yesterdays Minneapolis Star Tribune says she will take more than 6,400 passengers, but will actually have more square feet per passenger than the Freedom Class ships. Still too many bodies for me.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

More tidbits released today -

The shipyard "found" 4 extra cabins. Actually they were able to add 4 more cabins than the contracted minimum since reserved space for equipment was not all required to be used. No word on the categories.

The Oasis will initially sail with lifejackets ordered a couple years ago, which are bulkier than current models. However the Coast Guard asked RCI to order the newer version since they are less bulky yet offer more safety. They've been ordered but will take a while to manufacture.

Ever forgot which deck was being used for the gangway? On the Oasis they have added elevator buttons for "gangway". These will be programmed for each port so you always go to the correct deck.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
dave, do you have a cruise booked on Oasis?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
do you have a cruise booked on Oasis?
Not yet. My invitation to do a free preview cruise must have been lost in the mail, so I plan to wait at least several months before booking. Actually I did hold a booking for the 4 night December 1 cruise but I canceled it.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 PM
oh thats shocking that you were not yet invited to do a free cruise preview, can I ask if the reason you cancelled your 4 night cruise anything to do with superstition on an early voyage on a new ship or would you just prefer for the hype to die down before you go?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Administrator

The reason for canceling the 4-night was simple...it cost too much! I would have to go as a single, so for just me and with the air it was going to be around $2500 all said and done. I just couldn't justify spending that much for a short cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
15, caribbean, comedians, compass, cruise, ins, laps, mile, motter, number, oasis, outs, paul, reviews, royal, seas