Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
hi guys,

ive booked january 2010 on oasis, Is this peak time, its just that we will be flying shannon to jfk and might stop off there for a while, but the weather would be very cold in new york in january,

if it was less expensive to book eastern med on oasis later in the year we would do it in order to get a few nice days in new york, can anyone offer any advice, would I be better maybe cancelling holiday until june july would weather be ok in the caribbean then?

thank you in advance
Old 01-19-2009, 11:34 AM

Hey Corkgirl,
I'll be coming to Ireland mid February.
New York will be pretty cold in January. After the Christmas and New Year's holiday the cruises have a little low period. Prices are pretty good after the New Year and into February. Spring Breaks start happening in March so prices start going up. June and July will be peak season. October prices are lower but you also have hurricane season which technically is from June 1- November 30th. I've gone on many cruises in October and never had a problem.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi, cruisefanatic,

thanks for the info, do you need any information on coming to the Green Isle? Or have you been before? If you need anything just let me know what parts your coming to and I'll lead you in the right direction!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:50 PM

Myself and my two daughters have been dreaming of going to Ireland, we are talking about a trip there. Would really love to get your imput!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Administrator

corkgirl, we will be making a couple of port stops in Ireland this summer. I do have some questions, and will post them in our Ports of Call section.

Regarding your questions, January is low season in the Caribbean. January is the coldest month of the year in NYC, but it's often tolerable. According to weather.com, the average high is 2C and the average low is -5C. That compares to 11C and -4C in Shannon, according to the same source.

I've never been to the Caribbean in the summer, but this will be peak period, as Cruise Fanatic noted. I have been in NYC in the summer (many, in fact, as I grew up there), and it can get hot and humid. If early May is an option, weather is great in the Caribbean, and NY is beautiful in the spring.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 PM

Corkgirl,
Thank You for your kind offer. This will be my fourth trip to Ireland. As Lisa suggest Ports of call is a good area to discuss your beautiful country.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:33 AM
No problem, if any of you guys want to pm me I will answer questions for you

Closed Thread