Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:24 PM

HELLO, HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN HAS NOT LOWERED THIER PRICES. I MEAN LAST OCT. I CRUISED AND RCCL LOWERED THIER PRICE A COUPLE OF TIMES BEFORE THE CRUISE. THIS YEAR I AM AGAIN GOING IN OCT. ON THE EOS AND THE PRICES HAVE NOT BUDGED. IN FACT THEY HAVE RISEN SINCE I BOOKED. JUST A THOUGHT.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 PM
It's all market driven; a cruise is popular and selling well, the price goes up; sales are sluggish, the price comes down.

That's of course a little (or a lot) simplistic; but it's really the "nut" of the matter.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 PM

I have a group sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in mid-January. Just a couple of days ago, I checked the prices and everyone's fare had gone down by about $100 per person. Fares go up as availability decreases, and can go down if sales are slow, as f-mattox points out. There's no hard and fast rule as to whether cruise lines raise or lower their prices.

Sandy
Old 08-03-2007, 04:09 AM
rockytop why are you yelling about it? Welcome to cruise chat and calm down you may find that prices will go down and you may not who knows.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-03-2007, 09:01 PM

Once your cruise has been paid in full can they still up the price of it and charge you the differnce?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:22 AM
I booked a 12-day on the Explorer back when RCCL had the big one-day sale. A few weeks later, the price went down $100-200 per person and our TA adjusted the price. Whoo hoo!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 08-04-2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wendy_woo2:
Once your cruise has been paid in full can they still up the price of it and charge you the differnce?
No, they can't raise the cruise price. However; the cruise price is separate from the port fees and government taxes. If they change, the cruise line may or may not collect the new port fees or taxes. One year fuel prices really soared and the cruise line added a $20 per person fuel surcharge which had to be collected even if clients had paid in full.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:25 PM

Actually, they can but rarely do. When HAL released the Nordam their computer programmers put in wrong code and the pricing was wrong for a couple of days on their site, the booking engines, everywhere. When they noticed their error they demanded the difference be paid or all booking during the period affected would be cancelled. I had 3 bookings, two on deposit and one paid in full. Our agency had hundreds. The difference was not small it was on average $1200. per cabin people had to cough up or lose the cruise they had booked and paid for and had paid in full confirmations in hand. I'm still amazed it didn't result in a class action suit. I lost 2 of the three bookings and the cruiseline did not compensate the clients or agents affected by their error. So... although it's not common and I'd have answered the same way as everybody else here did, it can happen. Hopefully it never will again.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Administrator

I still wonder why HAL didn't honor those bookings out of a sense of doing the right thing. They would have garnered some priceless goodwill and positive press from it. Instead they went for the bottom line.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM

Taking the kids spring break week 2008, I guess that wipes out ANY chance of getting a discount.

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
It's all market driven; a cruise is popular and selling well, the price goes up; sales are sluggish, the price comes down.

That's of course a little (or a lot) simplistic; but it's really the "nut" of the matter.

Closed Thread

Tags
prices