Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2003, 07:52 PM

We are booked for a cruise in April. Someone that was a reservist suggested that if we go to war the ships would not be allowed to go into International waters. I called RCCL and they assured me that our cruise would sail as planned. Has anyone heard of the ports closing before for this reason? For the record we are still planning on going because we have never been on a cruise, and not felt safe. We have another family that has never been, and are very anixous. Any comments that would help this family would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pennie
Old 03-17-2003, 07:52 PM

We are booked for a cruise in April. Someone that was a reservist suggested that if we go to war the ships would not be allowed to go into International waters. I called RCCL and they assured me that our cruise would sail as planned. Has anyone heard of the ports closing before for this reason? For the record we are still planning on going because we have never been on a cruise, and not felt safe. We have another family that has never been, and are very anixous. Any comments that would help this family would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pennie
Old 03-18-2003, 05:55 AM

I did hear that security would be increased at the ports. I'm very concerned about the war, as I'm sure everyone who is traveling during this time is, but I have been encouraged by everyone, friends and family, to have the time of our life on this vacation. I don't think we have to worry about any cancellations of sailings, but hopefully everyone has purchased travel insurance so that if there is any kind of interruption whatsoever, they'll be covered....100%.

Amy
Old 03-21-2003, 09:44 AM

i spoke with my travel agent and she said that rccl does not insure against a war. so what this means is that if there is war and something happens (it wont) that you are not covered due to war. Also i was told that it is like 1 billion ti 1 that a ship or a island will be targeted due to that all ships are not americaned owned, and that there are so many nationalitys on board, and if they bomb there will be so many diffrent countries after them. Think about it!. have fun enjoy dont put things in you head. i hope this help.MAY GOD BLESS AMERICAN AND ALL OUT CITIZENS.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:40 AM

I also found out just this month my automobile insurance carrier will not cover my vehicle should it be destroyed or damaged in a nuclear war. I guess a vacation on a cruise ship wouldn't be any different. It makes me wonder why I pay for these things when I'm not even protected against things that are clearly beyond my control, nor more than the insurance companies or cruise lines themselves.

Amy
Old 03-21-2003, 12:06 PM

AMT, YOU ARE VERY CORRECT. I GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:29 PM

Thanks a lot guys! I just received an email from RCCL concerning our safety. I had not approached them so I already feel better. Between your thoughts and the info. from RCCL I have somthing to pass on to our friends. I guess that if I had never been one to travel this would be very intimidating. Feel free to email me if you would like me to pass on the info from RCCL. Our email address is markandpen@bigzoo.net.Thanks again & God Bless Everyone.

Pennie

Closed Thread