Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM

Hi, I live on the prairies where it is very dry & windy. This will be our first cruise in July of this year. We are on the Liberty Eastern Carribean. What can I expect for adaption to the humidity? On-board I expect it will be quite comfortable inside but what about outside and on the shore excursions?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM

Hi, I live on the prairies where it is very dry & windy. This will be our first cruise in July of this year. We are on the Liberty Eastern Carribean. What can I expect for adaption to the humidity? On-board I expect it will be quite comfortable inside but what about outside and on the shore excursions?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:01 AM

I wish I could help, but I wouldn't have a clue as to how another person would adapt to it. I imagine it would be a drastic change though. The humidity is actually higher where I live than in the Eastern Caribbean sometimes, like now. It always takes some getting use to going from one extreme to another as we all know. The inside of the ship should be comfortable. You'll get a good idea when you arrive in Miami. I went on a Southern Caribbean in early March once, and went from mid humidity to high humidity. I'm glad I over-packed extra shirts that time!

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, hopefully someone who has experienced this can help.

Dwayne
Old 06-19-2009, 05:13 AM
LesPaul
The trade winds typically keep the air comfortable in the eastern Carribean.
Wear light, cotton clothing and a baseball hat. drink plenty of water or gatorade to replace your electrolytes,
and swim as much as you can!
Be careful not to overdo it with alcohol, it dehydrates you.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 06-19-2009, 06:56 AM

Hi LesPaul,
I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, so I never experienced no humidity. When I was in my early 20s I flew out to Spokane, Washington for 2 weeks to visit the world's fair. When I flew back into Ft. Lauderdale and deplaned, it was like I had a 50 pound weight placed on my shoulders. It was like a melting feeling. The temperatures in the Caribbean are actually not as hot as in the southern US. As poormom states, the tradewinds help a great deal.

People in the Caribbean move more slowly for a reason, it's hot and humid. So pace yourself. We always plan our excursions around a snorkel/dive and a beach trip so we can cool off. If you're going to do something really strenuous, drink plenty of liquids and don't try to run up or down a mountain. Just pace yourself and you'll be fine.

You're going to love it!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Hi LesPaul
I live in the Northeast and we only get a few really humid day during the summer. I'm not much for humidity and it does get me a little bit, but hey, I'm on vacation and can get wet or get out of the sun if its unbearable. If you go a day or so early (as everyone says to) you can acclimate a little prior to the trip. And, the breezes do help make it tolerable.

Peterl

Old 06-20-2009, 06:41 AM

Thanks, we are arriving in Miami 2 days prior to our cruise so this might help with the adjustment.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 AM

Hi LesPaul and welcome to cruise critic.

I live in West Texas so I certainly understand where you are coming from...no humidity here. Inside the ship should be no problem. We agree with the light cotton clothing and shorts if you are comfortable in them. On shore, you could wear a loose weaved straw hat to let the air in and protect you from the sun.

You're going to have a ball, Liberty is an awesome ship! Remember the sunscreen!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM

Humidity absolutely kills me. I melt. (that Spoheat is an abbreviated company name: we do climate control/contracting). It never needs to get over 70 degrees on my account--here in Minnesota hot weather means breathtaking humidity.

I have never noticed or suffered with humidity in the Caribbean, other than Jamaica a bit.

Have fun!
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 07-02-2009, 03:02 AM

Just waiting for the taxi cab to pick us up and go to the airport. Won't be long now.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribian, cruise, cruises, humidity, humitity, inigh, july, southern