Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 03:48 AM

The 6 of us are leaving in 6 days and I'm perplexed about how to pack 2 tuxes, 2 suits, and 4 formal gowns. Any suggestions? We have one folding garment case, but the rest are suitcases. Anyone have any great tips so that the stuff doesn't get too messed up? I have a portable steamer but it doesn't work that great and the "wrinkle relaxer" spray doesn't work at all.

Thanks,
Susan
Old 12-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Dry cleaning bags have always worked well for us. I've used them in both the folding garment bags, suitcases, and even a carry-on! I keep the garments inside the dry cleaner bags and fold.

I've also heard that tissue paper works well, but I haven't tried that method yet. The key here is to put the tissue paper wherever you make a fold.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:12 PM

You can have your formal wear pressed on the ship. Just be sure to send it off the night before needed. There is a small fee, but it is worth it if really needed. For small wrinkles, I just turn the shower on hot, close the door to the shower and hang then stuff in the bathroom. The steam should take care of something that doesn't need major ironing.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:44 PM

Thanks Lisa and Mandi,

Great ideas. I will do both.

Susan
Old 01-01-2007, 05:48 PM

I tried the dry cleaning bag idea and found that it helped all of my clothes to have less wrinkles. I also bought a steamer and used the hot shower idea too. All worked pretty well. The best idea though, especially if you plan to travel frequently, is to invest in "travel wear", the clothes made out of fabric that doesn't wrinkle. It is wonderful, and I find myself wearing it frequently at home since it is always ready to go and never needs ironing. Have a great trip!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, formal, pack, wear, wrinkle