Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005, 07:20 AM

Hello...

Looking for information or web sites to research shore excursions (read: non cruise sponsored)?? Going to Belieze, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Caymen

Thank you
Old 04-04-2005, 07:25 AM

Check out this link to Shoretrips (they are not affiliated with the cruise lines and are extremely reliable and reputable).
http://www.caribbean-shore-excursions.com/

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-04-2005, 11:41 AM

When we were in Grand Cayman we booked with Nativeway with the Stingrays. These people were awesome. We only had about 20 people on the baot and not only did we have time with the stingrays we hac time to snorkel. We give these people a thumbs up!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:44 PM

Hi We did the xtream cave tubing in Belize this past February. If you have any questions on this one, I will be happy to answer.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:27 AM

I forgot to mention in my first post, that I have used Captain Bryan in Grand Cayman for Stingray/Snorkel trips and loved the service and their catamarans.

In Belize I have gone cave tubing with Reggie and plan to go again when I am there next week. Here is the link to a special report that I did on this trip for Port Reviews:
http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/Belize51.htm

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-21-2005, 06:37 PM

Captain Bryan in Grand Cayman was EXCELLENT!!!
We had a group of 12 of us, and we all were very impressed with this outfit.
We not only swan with the stingrays, but we also stopped at 2 more places to snorkel. When the snorkeling was all done, we then just put up the sail, and just coasted in the caribbean for awhile....WOW!! Our entire trip was like 3-4 hours long, I can only say AMAZING!

Some others in our group took the excursion offered thru our ship, and was nothing in comparison to our excursion. They were very dissappointed, and brought it to the pursors attention.

Captain Bryan was recommended to us from this site, thru Nancy and we were more than impressed

Joan
Old 04-21-2005, 07:35 PM

In Jamaica we booked with Orvile Taylor. He charged us 15.00 for transportation, and then he took us wherever we wanted to go. We paid 15.00 for Dunns Falls, and then 20.00 for a tubing trip down the river. In Grand Cayman, we booked with Captain Marvin. We went out to see the Stingrays, and then came back and went on tour to the Turtle farm and HELL. Everyone on our ship was amazed we did so much for so little money... Jamaica we paid 55.00 a person, and Grand Cayman we spent the same....
Old 04-23-2005, 06:34 PM

IMy family is going on the April 30th Enchantment of the Sea cruise to Jamaica & Grand Cayman Have been to Ocho Rios on last cruise This will be the first to Grand Cayman Would you share your thoughts on the Turtle Farm & Hell Thanks
Old 04-24-2005, 05:41 AM

Personally, those particular activities would be last on my list of things to do in Grand Cayman. I have done both once and that was enough. I found the Turtle Farm boring and the visit to Hell not worth the time. JMHO, of course.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-09-2005, 11:21 AM

In Grand Cayman I would go with Mark at Moby dick Tours. www.mobydicktours.com. Only 20 people on the boat and Mark was wonderful. He helped us catch and hold the stingrays, feed them and provided drinks and snorkling equipment as well as instruction for us beginners. Also, he was less expensive than the ship excursions and made sure that we went to Stingray city when most of the "cattle boats" with lots of passengers were on their way back, maximizing the time with the stingrays.

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, caribbean, cruise, excursions, nonafilliated, royal, scheduled, shore, stop