Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 02:33 PM

Ok guys,need your help! Can go on the freedom and get a balcony for about 700.00 dollars more. Plus airfare,etc.Or can drive two hours go on the Fantasy for just five days but would have a suite, because I have to have a balcony!!! Considered a inside or ocean view but remembered the smell of the ocean while I sat on my balcony. So in saving the airfare and about 700.00 as I said or 7 days on the freedom with a cool water park and alot of other people. Both have the good points and bad . So if you had to make a choice what would you do in that most of you have been on both. Oh, when I go the fantasy will have the evolutions of fun on board. but I love the look of Freedoms water park also.HELP!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:40 PM

Good question... although I am not sure that it is suited for the Royal Caribbean forum... are we talking about fantasy versus freedom of the seas or the carnival freedom?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:23 PM

If you are talking about the Freedom Of the Seas versus the Carnival Fantasy, keep in mind that a Fantasy class ship's suite is basically a large balcony cabin in comparison to a Freedom Suite. The Fantasy class ships were built before the balcony craze and have more oceanview cabins than cabins with balconies.

So the two cabin type are roughly the same. So, it comes down to the other ship amenities and your comfort zone on cost. You will have to choose those.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-21-2008, 04:16 PM

Iwas talking about the carnival fantasy verses the freedom of the seas. I know that the suites are just like the balconies on the other bigger ships but the fantasy class only has balconies in the suites. So I asked the question on the royal carribean forum because of the freedom. I thought the rccl or carnival forums would be ok because of the two cruise lines. But my thought was if given the information and pretend it was you what would you do?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:20 PM

I guess I am being confusing. I do that real well,but would you spend the extra for the freedom or could I have almost as great a time on the smaller ship.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Administrator

There is absolutely no comparison between the Freedom Of The Seas and the Carnival Fantasy. Two entirely different experiences. The Freedom Of The Seas blows the Fantasy away in decor, things to do, "wow" factor, etc. It simply is not a fair comparison especially when the big factor is the cabin category or if it has a balcony.

It really depends on what you want to do on the cruise and how much you can spend. Nobody here can answer your question. It really is apples and oranges.

I like the smaller Carnival ships - the Holiday is my favorite and I get a suite when on her - but that is for a short cruise that is close to me by car. I wouldn't do it if I had to fly to the Holiday.

I've had great times on the Holiday and great times on the Freedom and her sister the Liberty Of The Seas. The latter was twice as expensive as the former, but in both cases I felt I got my money's worth.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:35 PM

I like the newer, larger ships. If it's an issue of money, I'd have to consider the airfare cost along with the extra $700, against the two extra days on a ship. If money isn't an issue; I'd have to consider the ship, and number of days on that ship. You like the water park on the Freedom; have you given any thought about the ice show, Promenade deck, or the fact it's the biggest ship on the seven seas? It's your vacation—make the best of it.

Let us know what you decide

Old 05-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Administrator

If I could only choose to do one cruise between these two ships, I'd take an inside cabin on the Freedom Of The Seas over a suite on the Fantasy any day.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 PM

Thanks guys for your input. Never been on a smaller ship. The biggest was the conquest and the disney magic.I do not know why it is so difficult for me to make my mind up. I think from what you have told me I am leaning toward the Freedom.I guess the most important factor is for my 10 year old to have a great time.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:55 AM

I would love to try the FOS, but it is expensive. However, if you look at it in dollars. It's $700 more for 2 extra days. That's $350/per day for you and your child. That includes, lodging, food, and entertainment. Not a bad price. If your 10 year old doesn't have fun, take me. I'll have fun on either ship I, personally, like smaller ships, but would really love to try the FOS. Can't wait to see what you select!

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, balcony, carnival, class, cruise, csrnivsl, fantasy, fanyasy, freedom, lines, open, rccl, reviews, seas, suite, vs