Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 PM

Hello all! I've got about 6 months to go before my European cruise on the Navigator and I am so very, very excited! I've been on a cruise before a few years ago with my family, but this time around my parents will be staying in a Grande Suite and I've read many places that staying in a suite includes conceirge services... what does that entail exactly?

Any knowledge would much appreciated!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 PM

Hello all! I've got about 6 months to go before my European cruise on the Navigator and I am so very, very excited! I've been on a cruise before a few years ago with my family, but this time around my parents will be staying in a Grande Suite and I've read many places that staying in a suite includes conceirge services... what does that entail exactly?

Any knowledge would much appreciated!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:06 PM

In a nutshell, someone to get your excursions booked, tickets to shows and generally do all the standing in line for you so you can go on about enjoying your cruise. There's more to it but for the most part they're there to assist with your needs and save you time and trouble.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 PM

Hello jlannon,
With a grand suite you also get a key to the Concierge's Lounge where you can have free hors d'oeuvres, wine, and cocktails from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. You can also check out DVD movies, or just lounge around during the day. In the morning there is coffee, juice, and finger food.

Sonny
Old 01-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Sonny,

We have an Owners Suite on the Rhapsody for this coming June. I haven't checked to closely, but do you know if that ship has a Concierge Lounge?
Old 01-18-2008, 05:35 AM

Sorry Dave, the only Vision Class Ship that has a Concierge lounge is the Enchantment. All the Radiance Class ships have a Concierge too. Too bad you didn't book a different ship. You really would enjoy the benefit of a Concierge. At least you'll get two cruise credits by booking a suite.

Sonny
Old 01-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Oh well. Yeah, those two credits will put us within one of diamond status. I need to do something with my open booking so I can get diamond out of the way this year and not have to worry about it.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:46 AM

Maybe a cheap 4 day cruise would be a good idea. My 7 night cruise on the Mariner was only $815 pp for a D-1 balcony. After your 10th cruise, it takes a few weeks before you get the diamond status. Remember, after you make diamond status balcony prices drop $200. That's a great perk too. If I could, I'd give you a couple of my credits.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, class, concierge, grand, offer, owners, perks, rci, rhapsody, royal, service, shipsany, suite, vision