Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2006, 08:01 AM

I am going to be taking a cruise in August and we have decided not to do the main dining because of medicine-timing of the friend I am sailing with. Please tell me about Windjammer. I am assuming since it says casual dining that we can wear shorts? Also, how is the food? We will be on Majesty of the Seas. Any tips would be great, thanks.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:08 AM

the sign says no sandals, tank tops or beach attire in the windjammer... but ppl pretty much wear whatever they have on. The food is great, usually the same thing as in the dining room but buffet style. They also have things like salad and stir fry and pizza and burgers for the kids or picky ones... hope I helped!!!

Post Your Caribbean Trip Report
Old 06-26-2006, 08:16 AM

Take a look at my website: www.oppermann-wuppertal.de .I have a detailled review about the Radiance last month and a detailled chapter about the Windjammer Cafe.
Look for Radiance Hawaii 2006, there is an english version too and Ive written about breakfast, lunch and dinner in both, dining room and Windjammer.

Marita

Old 06-26-2006, 09:48 AM

Just got back off the Serenade of the Seas. The windjammer is pretty laid back. My wife prefers it as well. The food was great most of the time. We also found the Sea View Cafe to be laid back as well.

Robert

Read and post cruise reviews

Enchantment 2007
Serenade 2006
Majesty 2006
Sovereign 2004
Sovereign 2003
Sovereign 2002
Old 06-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Administrator

I don't recall ever seeing a sign at any Windjammer that said sandals were not allowed. This is the typical footwear (at least for warm weather cruises) for probably 95% of the passengers.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:32 PM

Patty, on two of our cruises on Majesty of the Seas, we also ate all of our meals in the Windjammer. We love it. The food for dinner includes several things on the menu in the dining room, plus lots of extras, plus a carving station, huge salad bar, etc. Desserts are too numerous to mention, but the pastries have always been first rate. There is also a hot fruit cobbler each night, with ice cream nearby for the taking, plus soft ice cream from a machine.

Dress is always casual, and I've never seen signs indicating you can't wear sandals, etc. At night, they actually put tablecloths and flowers on the tables, and a waiter asks for your drink order. One time, they were taking orders for steaks that were not part of the buffet. Yum!

Sandy
Old 07-01-2006, 03:56 PM

I dont think the attire rules are mandatory for the windjammer. When i was on, people came straight in from the pool in their swimsuits and towels and such. Though i see why they say no beach attire cuz some of those people walking in in their swimsuits might ruin ur breakfast, lunch, or dinner lol. Basically u can wear whatever you want to. Food is great. Icecream machines are open almost 24hrs, and for the juice machines i know for a fact they are. luv it all! I nothing negative to say about royal carribean.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:12 PM

I was on the Mariner and the Windjammer on board was casual (shorts,jeans,sandals,tank tops ect) For the food, honestly I can't say that the food in the Windjammer was outstanding. Its buffet style and it wasn't horrific but its not 5 star dining It was just ok. There were other restuarants on my ship that you could make reservations if you maybe want something different one night and the timing could be flexable for your situation there is a small fee added for those though
Old 07-09-2006, 03:38 PM

We ate breakfast and lunch at the Windjammer while on Majesty. Casual attire. I liked being able to sit on deck to eat. The desserts were wonderful. The ice cream machines were a great place for an afternoon snack. Majesty is a nice ship.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:00 PM

The food in the Windjammer is excellent but still a step below the food in the main dining room. You just can't beat the food on the Royal Caribbean ships.

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, cruise, cruises, jammer, jeans, revies, reviews, roscoe, shorts, star, swimsuit, wear, wind, windjamer, windjammer