Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 05:36 PM
No problem getting to the ship in San Diego...you will fly right over the ship just before you land....you could almost walk there...almost:-)...Have a great sailing.....

Bob E
Old 01-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Hi Kraftymom,

You do not say when you are cruising. Is it soon? Be it this winter or is it spring.? Do you get snow (bad weather) in Oregon? If there is the possibility of bad weather, you should definitely make sure you have good trip delay insurance. Also, with the state of affairs surrounding plain old flying anywhere these days, when you are flying same day to arrive at any port, it makes real sense to buy the insurance if you are not flying in a day early. I myself just booked Independence of the Seas for Jan 31 and I am flying in two days early plus I have trip cancellation / flight delay insurance. I love insurance. I used it on my way home to Canada from Fort Lauderdale just last month after the security scare and because we were stuck at Fort Lauderdale Airport for more than four hours, our flight delay insurance kicked in and the whole family was happy because we got an extra night in Fort Lauderdale courtesy of the trip delay insurance.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:55 AM

Regarding "making up time at sea" we had a weather delay sailing out of St. Thomas, the last port of call, and arrived very late to San Juan. The crew told us that since the cost of fuel jumped a couple years ago they simply can't afford to travel at the higher rates of speed (of which the ships are capable of) unless there is a marine emergency, such as a hurricane they are going around. That might influence the "cut off number" that they will wait for as well.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, carnival, cruise, day, early, fly, flying, ft, juan, lauderdale, miss, orlando, people, port, rccl, san