Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 03:02 PM

We were in St Martin just coming back to the ship. We had been in the water for a swim. My wife was going on an excursion and I wasn't. She waited on the dock and I returned to the ship. I gave them my sea pass and it was inserted. Oh NO! Naturally it was my wife's card. You may think this would be simple to explain, but it wasn't. The person at security asked me where my pass was. I explained it must be with my wife since I obviously had hers. If you let me back off the ship I could exchange it with her. She stated that it wasn't possible for my wife to be off the ship since she had been just signed in. I explained that I had given the wrong card but could not get her to understand. She had to call a supervisor and I explained it all again. This supervisor sent me to exit from the ship once more and I had to explain it all over again. Finally I was able to leave the ship and luckily my wife was still on the dock otherwise I would have had to wait for her to come back from her excursion. Naturally when I went back to the ship everthing worked out. However I felt most embarassed when everyone was watching me try to explain how I happed to have the wrong card.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 PM

So, let me get this right. They put your wife's card in the slot, which now shows that she has boarded the ship; however, she really hadn't boarded because you gave them her card instead of yours. So now that you want to go back on the dock to exchange your card with you wife's card, they say that your wife can't be on the dock because she just checked in. Sounds like an episode from Seinfeld.

Sonny
Old 07-20-2009, 04:08 AM

It really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I was on Royal Caribbean in St. Maarten and watched my wife's sea pass card fly out of her hand and into the clear blue water right on the dock. I was quite concerned, but, the crew simply let her in with her driver's license and instructed her to go to the concierge to get a new sea pass card. No problem.

Take care,

Brad

Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 AM
My friend and her husband spent their honeymoon on Liberty two years ago and went back last year for their one year anniversary cruise, she accidently handed in her 'honeymoon' sea pass on the way back on the ship from labadee, (she had kept it as a momento from their honeymoon) and when it beeped she realised and said oh sorry I've got my up to date one here and they confiscated the old one! she was mortified but too devastated to ask for it back!!

they're strict alright!!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:59 AM

Yes Sonny, you got it right. That is what it seems like. Never thought about it but it was Seinfeld like.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:56 AM

Thank you for your words of caution LesPaul. Sorry that happened, I know how difficult it can be to explain things to security on board.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:49 PM
but you know what its actually quite reassuring that they are so strict, in fairness, so many thousands of people they dont know who could be lying or telling the truth!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 AM

We had trouble boarding this year in St. Thomas. My husband had one of those diver's cases with our licenses and sea passes. He went back on board to shower, leaving me with a credit card and my sea pass. They really did not want to let me onto the pier with no license. (this was not RCCL personnel, they were wearing a police type uniform and were stationed at the exit onto the pier from the Havensight shopping area). It was a little hairy--and no way to contact husband on board to get him to bring the license out. By the way they were not impressed with a credit card with my name on it either. NOT and ID.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
So, let me get this right. They put your wife's card in the slot, which now shows that she has boarded the ship; however, she really hadn't boarded because you gave them her card instead of yours. So now that you want to go back on the dock to exchange your card with you wife's card, they say that your wife can't be on the dock because she just checked in. Sounds like an episode from Seinfeld.

Sonny
Yes, while it may be funny now, I'm sure it wasn't at the time. This is a real life situation similar to the Seinfeld episode "The Keys" where everyone swaps their friends' keys. It is nice to know their security is tight, though.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM

The funny part I was referring to was the RCL person that inserted his wife's card and then said she checked in.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
account, beeped, captain, card, caribbean, check, cruise, grandeur, leaving, legend, majesty, pass, sea, seapass, seas, stores