Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 05:23 PM

We have only cruised one time. We waited FOREVER to leave on the day we got home. I know it has something to do with the color of your tags on your luggage. Anyone know what colr goes first, second, etc. Or should we just carry our bags and be allowed to leave at will? (going on Mariner of the Seas Oct. 7th)
Old 10-03-2007, 06:16 PM

As I understand it those who have higher Crown and Anchor status (diamond plus, diamond, etc. who have cruised lots on RC) can get off first. Then those who signed up for express departure go next. They must have no more than 2 bags per person and be able to handle their own luggage without help can get off next. Then it goes from upper decks to lower decks. We did express departure and found it very easy since we only had two bags each, including carry ons. On our first cruise we waited a long time since we were on deck two. It's kind of sad to be on the ship stuck in a lounge with all excitement gone. But if you have a good book or can catnap it wouldn't be as bad.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:36 PM

I will be on the Mariner also on Oct 7!!! Yaaayyyy!!! I know we have to use the quickest way off the ship because our flight leaves at 1:30- hopefully we make it!

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsPlumb:
We have only cruised one time. We waited FOREVER to leave on the day we got home. I know it has something to do with the color of your tags on your luggage. Anyone know what colr goes first, second, etc. Or should we just carry our bags and be allowed to leave at will? (going on Mariner of the Seas Oct. 7th)

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-03-2007, 09:02 PM

The first color luggage tag to go is beige. However, the first group of people to leave the ship are those that are carrying off there luggage. Departure sequence is by luggage tag color; it doesn't matter which deck you're on. If you have an early flight, make sure you get the right luggage tag. Your cabin steward will have your tags in your room the day before departure. If you need to change them, just go the Guest Relations Desk.

Sonny
Old 10-03-2007, 09:13 PM

Thanks for the correction on the colors by deck assumption. I saw a paper at the pursers desk that seemed to indicate that. But what you say makes more sense.

I have our departure sheet for the Empress a few weeks ago the departure order was Express Departure, White, Gray, Pink (Tours), Yellow, Brown, Red, Beige, Lavender, Purple, Blue, Light Blue, Green and Orange. Maybe the colors are different for different ships?

Sonny, if you read this could you look at the thread down the list about cruise directors. Only diamond plus folks can get the info on who the cruise directors will be.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Agutaya:

Sonny, if you read this could you look at the thread down the list about cruise directors. Only diamond plus folks can get the info on who the cruise directors will be.
I'd be happy to check it out for you.

Sonny
Old 10-05-2007, 03:19 PM

I don't have the departure sheet handy from the cruise I took, but do remember that I would have been the last group called, as I was on Deck 3, and I had an 11:00 am flight out of Miami, and they would have let my group off around 9:00-9:30 am, so I did express departure, as I only had one suitcase and one duffel bag.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-05-2007, 04:55 PM

On the first or second day you will be asked to fill out a disembarkation questionare asking your flight departure times. This is what RC bases your disembarkation on. if you have an early flight and you are using their transfers you will get off first. If you are not flying out that day or you drove to the port you will disembark last. It is really based on who needs to leave first.

Fantasy - Bahamas 4/96
Rhaposdy OTS - S Caribbean 11/97
Jewel OTS - Europe 9/07
Mariner OTS - Caribbean 10/08
Old 10-05-2007, 05:56 PM
If you have a late flight, relax and have a nice breakfast and watch the people leaving the ship...We always take the express because our plane leaves just a few hours after docking...Happy Sailing....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, assignments, cruise, departure, disembarkment, early, express, flight, latest, mariner, miami, seas, select, ship, time