Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM

Hello everyone. We are anchored here in Grand Caymen and the weather is perfect. Most of you know my wife and I have been on a lot of cruise with RCCL (this is our 34th). So far the food on this ship has been the best. We hardly ever have lunch in the dinning room because it's so good in the Windjammer. Well, was I surprised when we had to eat in the lunch room while anchored in labadee, because they were serving food in Labadee. The food was AWESOME! I had a open face N.Y. strip sandwitch that was almost too pretty to bit into. When I did, I couldn't believe the flavors. Our friends also said the same about what they ordered. The meals served at dinner so far have been over the top. The service is very good too. Our head waiter has been at our table every night. He even got me some plum wine. Ask for it some time and you'll see that it's not to be found on the ship. As I've pointed out many times on the news group, being a Crown and Anchor diamond plus member, I get invitations for bridge, gally, and behind the scenes tours. Well, I'm on this cruise with six other friends and I was told I can bring them on the tours with me. This doesn't happpen too often. This is a GREAT ship. Two nights ago they had "RAIN" doing their "BEATLES" experience. What an AWESOME show that was! I'm putting this ship at the top of my favorite ships.

There's one more thing I want to share with you. When while on board a ship you can hold an open end booking for up to 3 years with a $100 deposit. This means you will get your $100 on board credit when ever you use your open end booking. The deposit with be credited to the price of cruise. Now you don't have to decide what cruise you want to book while your on your current cruise. You can hold more cruises if you want, but it is $100 per booking.

Tomorrow is Cozumel, then a day at sea, then home. Wish I could have all of you with me to experience this awesome cruise. Especially Penny333.

Sonny
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM

Hey Sonny! So glad to hear you are having such a wonderful time! Am EXTREMELY impressed by the fact that you have gone on SO many cruises and find this one to be your FAVORITE! I almost wish we booked the Navigator instead of the Voyager on the 24th. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I'll second that Sonny; glad you're having a great cruise.
When someone with your experience raves about something, it must really be special!
I think I'm ready to try RCCL.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:13 PM

Hi back at you Sonny! Glad to hear you are having a great cruise. Only 80 days till I get to try the Mariner. I hope the food is as good on her as you describe for the Navigator... Your description of the steak sandwhich almost had me drooling...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Sonny,

I really like that open-ended booking deal!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Sonny, Really nice of you to think of "us" while enjoying your cruise. Good to hear of your experience on Navigator.

As you breath in the sea air, you might be pleased to know that it is warming up here in the MN, WI area.

Ken
Old 03-07-2007, 04:30 PM

The navigator is one of the best ships ever made. The service is second to none. The food is out of this world. It is our favorite ship!!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:50 AM

What are you doing! You are on a Carribean cruise with good friends and you are spending precious time in some cramped, dark, dank, windowless room located in the lower bowels of the ship, crouched in front of a dimly lit, flickering cathode ray tube; hunched over a sunscreen stained keyboard desperately writing about your experiences - when you could actually be out there living more of those experiences - or at least eating just one more of those open faced sandwiches!

NOTE: The author vehemently denies the rumor that he is jealous.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-08-2007, 05:08 AM
SonnyV I am so glad to hear you are having such a wonderful time I only hope I have close to the time you are having when I get on the Freedom of the Seas. Wish I was there now.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 PM

Sonny, are you an RCL employee? If so, sign me up for the Navigator as well. We are out on 4/8 on Explorer but will now add to our list the Navigator as well...Thanks for the input and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Closed Thread