Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2005, 08:12 PM

If we book a cabin on NOS, 10th deck, will we be bothered by noise from restaurants, etc. above us?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:51 PM

I'm sure you'll be fine...we were on deck 9
near the elevator which I thought was a great place and we never heard any noise from outside the cabin or above.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:35 PM

Always pay attention to what is located above or below the stateroom that you are booking, regardless of ship or cruise line.

If you are on the 9th, 8th, or 7th decks of the Navigator, there are staterooms above or below you; it is highly unlikely that you will be disturbed by people dragging chairs around, children running, people jogging, or music or noise from above or below---as is indeed possible if you book on the 10th or 6th deck.

We have been on cruises where the only balcony staterooms were below the pool/restaurant/gym/whatever deck, and sounds of all kinds carried down into our stateroom. Conversely, we've booked staterooms located over public lounges and/or dining rooms and have had to listen to loud music. On one trip, a dream stateroom was available---it was located over the dining room. I thought to myself how much of a problem could that be? The wait staff played loud techno music at 7:30AM while they prepped and set up for the 8AM open seating breakfast!

Lana
Old 09-01-2005, 08:05 PM

Oh no, now I've got something else to worry about. I've booked balcony cabins on Mariner of the Seas which are located just to the rear of the bump, where the interior staterooms start. I'm looking at the deck plans and it looks like we may be over the first part of the dining room. Has anyone ever had any problem with these balconies on any of the voyager ships? Worry worry, fret fret.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:06 PM

Oh, wow who would have thought they would be listening to techno...you make a good point!

Closed Thread

Tags
10th, 8th, carribean, cruise, date, deck, feck, hows, music, noise, royal, ship, ships, stateroom, www