Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2003, 06:50 AM

Key West is the kind of place where you will keep going back because you would never be able to see and do everything in one visit. Duval Street is the "main drag" in Key West. It's so happened to be the most favorite port of my kids. This is definitely a walk around and see what's out there type of place. I hear Key West has the best snorkeling of anywhere and it's one I plan to do when I go back. Please let us know what you decide and how it goes, the best part of this board is hearing the fantastic (and not so fantastic) experiences everyone has. Enjoy your cruise!

Amy
Old 05-11-2003, 02:04 PM

Key West is a very beautiful snorkel.You have to take the trip by boat to the best places. There's an underwater national park.LOTS of different fish, amazing coral and colorful plant life to see. We swam with a sea Turtle for a long time on our last snorkel there. There were schools of barracuda swimming by also. Very cool.

It doesn't really have a good beach, mostly rocks and not much sand. Key West is also very "Gay Friendly" The highest population per capita of gays in the US are in Key West. You don't really notice it though.

I can't wait to go and will post back of everything we did.

Let's GO CRUISIN'
Chuck & Tonya
Old 05-11-2003, 04:57 PM

rockker are you planning on taking the rccl snorkeling excursion in key west - If so I'll sign up with you. I'm also looking into alternatives to royal's excursions there.

Mike
Old 05-12-2003, 05:50 AM

SccrPlyer

I'm thinking about trying the "Snuba" there. (Same trip) It sounds like alot of fun just walking on the bottom for 45 minutes.I've never tried it, but I've been reading up on it.

The "Fury" snorkeling is what we did on our honeymoon 2 years ago and it's the one I was reffering to in my previous post. Very good trip indeed. I don't think they are affliated with RCCL as you can just go to the pier and join a trip. There's LOTS to do from the pier there.

Key West has a "Haunted Key West Tour" that is also pretty fun if you are there at night. If you rent scooters there, make sure you go past the cemetary, it's an awesome sight and has a BUNCH of history about being haunted.

There's also the "Western Union" schooner ship at the pier. It's a tall ship that takes you for a sail. The passengers actually help raise the sails and become a part of the crew. The captain married us during the trip "and let us drive." It was a great way to get married, on a beautiful tall ship in the ocean. You can do a search for it and read up about it.

I'll let you know tomorrow if I sign up for it. "gotta see what she wants to do"

my email is rockker911@hotmail.com if you wanna contact me directly.

Chuck & Tonya
Old 05-12-2003, 08:36 AM

i'm doing a project and i would like to know how much it cost to have a 3 day cruise? please e-mail me today if you read this thank you monday may 12

Closed Thread