Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2005, 07:10 PM

I will be taking a 7-night cruise with my family and my neighbors on Adventure of the Seas January 8th-15th, 2006. Only 12 days away! So excited!

The ship departs from San Juan. I've read a number of reviews that say many of the people on the cruise (particularly those from San Juan) were completely obnoxious, stealing places in line, shoving, etc. Has anyone experienced this on this ship?

Has anyone taken this ship before? Destinations include Aruba, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Curacao. Any thoughts on the latter location?

Any helpful hints or suggesitons would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:10 PM

I will be taking a 7-night cruise with my family and my neighbors on Adventure of the Seas January 8th-15th, 2006. Only 12 days away! So excited!

The ship departs from San Juan. I've read a number of reviews that say many of the people on the cruise (particularly those from San Juan) were completely obnoxious, stealing places in line, shoving, etc. Has anyone experienced this on this ship?

Has anyone taken this ship before? Destinations include Aruba, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Curacao. Any thoughts on the latter location?

Any helpful hints or suggesitons would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:36 AM

I am going on the ship January 29th and I also read some reviews with negative comments. But there were also reviews from people that encountered no problems. These people had a wonderful time and met nice people. I think any vacation a person goes on there might be some unfriendly guests. I think a vacation is what you make it. Have a great time and just look at the positives, that is what I am going to do. Wish we were going the same time it would be fun to get together. We have a group of 4 couples going on the ship.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM

Im going on Feb 12 and my family and I will just enjoy being in the warm weather once again. we will worry about the pushing and cutting in lines rather than work. LOL, have fun!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:55 PM

NONSENSE = IGNORANCE
HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH DISRESPECTING OTHERS..
Old 01-04-2006, 02:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CRUISECONTROL1:
NONSENSE = IGNORANCE
HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH DISRESPECTING OTHERS..

CRUISECONTROL1,

I'm glad that you consider yourself an advocat for respecting others. And while you're at it, why not start showing a bit of respect towards others by not using ALL CAPS?

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-04-2006, 04:26 PM

Very good points about having the attitude that you will have a good time, and about there being "some in every crowd". We sailed on a 7-night cruise from San Juan last year and encountered no such situation. Don't worry about it. Go and enjoy!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:32 PM

We encountered very rude people on navigator Oct 05. But we still totally enjoyed our cruise. i think in the future We will visit with new people and just let the pushy arrogant individuals have their fits and buy them a drink then throw them over board later.LOL Just kidding. We love cruising and will not let them ruin our cruise. You will encounter rude individuals, but they just want attention and special treatment, afterall they are paying a load of money they should be pampered...
Hang in there and just enjoy yourself and let the Lord take care of the misfits.

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 01-09-2006, 06:32 PM

AT LAST! Someone makes sense here! (previous post only)

Closed Thread