Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2004, 05:21 AM

Daughter/son-in-law just returned from cruise to Southern Caribbean on the Serenade of the Seas (Jan 17 - Jan24). This was their 4th cruise and 1st w/Royal Caribbean. It was also their worst trip. Service was terrible, under staffed, very poor service. Telling everyone possible to avoid Royal Caribbean.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:21 AM

Daughter/son-in-law just returned from cruise to Southern Caribbean on the Serenade of the Seas (Jan 17 - Jan24). This was their 4th cruise and 1st w/Royal Caribbean. It was also their worst trip. Service was terrible, under staffed, very poor service. Telling everyone possible to avoid Royal Caribbean.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:39 AM

NOW NOW mister you can't judge an entire cruise line on one couples opinion of the cruise. [...]

[This message was edited by Raoul Fiebig on February 07, 2004 at 10:04 AM.]
Old 02-07-2004, 08:46 AM

What exactly were the problems? Did they notify the staff of the problems and were they fixed? I think trying to tell people to avoid all RC cruises may be a bit extreme. Maybe if you explain what the problems were it would be more helpful to us on here.Kristy
Old 02-07-2004, 10:06 AM

Hello folks,

no offense, please.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-07-2004, 06:09 PM

Hey my name is Ally and i have been on been on a total of seven cruise and i am 14 years old. I haven't been on that particular ship i have been on sovreign of the seas and i am to set sail on the new ship Mariner of the seas for spring break. I have never been on a cruise that i would complain about ANYTHING! the trip must not have been that bad but if it was, what were all the problems and mistakes that occured on your vacation? My expeirence with RCCL has never been bad and im sorry but i dont see where you are coming from. please email if possibble xXbubblegurlXx@hotmail.com
Old 02-08-2004, 04:30 PM

I just got back from the same ship. The service is very poor. Almost like we were bothering the staff, They had adult activities scheduled and no representive showed up from
RC. We called down asked if the activity was still going on and they sent a representive up. When he showed up he said he was the only one working. The food was horribe at the Windjammers. The main dining was good, not great. The kids program is a joke. The entainment was terrible people were walking out before it ended. Stay away from RC. We went with a group of 12 and we all agree stay away!!!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 05:06 PM

Wow, this is a first that I have heard such negative things about Royal Caribbean. We have cruised with RC three times and each was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. We were on the Song of Norway (years ago), Grandeur and Explorer. I have found RC to be top notch and am about to cruise on Majesty of the
Seas March 5th. I am so satisfied that I have not ventured elsewhere...but should try Celebrity or Princess (both owned by RC I think) some day too. Those about to take their first cruise with RC...do not be discouraged. You should have a WONDERFUL time. If something is not up to standard, let someone know immediately. I'm not sure what the problem was for the folks who are writing in this forum, but would love to have you spell out in detail what things went wrong...
Old 02-08-2004, 05:39 PM

I just got off the Vision of the Seas today and the Splendour of the Seas about 12 days ago. The service on both ships is excellent. Food was great, entertainment good. I had a group of travel agents on both ships and the concensus was that RCI is one of the best price to value products available at this time.

Sorry you hada bad cruise, but I can't imagine it was as bad as you state based on Royal Caribbean's current operating standards.

Tom
Old 02-17-2004, 08:19 AM

I have never been on a cruise, but my first will be in March aboard RCCL Voyager. I explored many other cruiselines online and with my travel agent. I also asked everyone I knew before making my final decision. RCCL won hands down over every other popular cruiseline. No one had a bad word to say about this organization, but lots of comments regarding others. In the end, RCCL was my first choice and I'm so excited about the trip! I think everyone who posts on here has different expectations and life experiences they bring with them making each trip unique to them. I am not used to being waited on (I'm the mom, afterall, I wait on everyone else). So not matter what, this will be a true pleasure.

Closed Thread

Tags
artie, bad, block, caribbean, cruise, john, reviews, royal, service, ship, terrible