Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM

We always book our cruises ourselves online through the RCCL website, but we've noticed that we never see an aft balcony cabin available. We were thinking about getting one on the Freedom of the Seas next year. Do you have to go through a travel agency to get that type cabin? Why are they not available online?

Lanie
Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM

We always book our cruises ourselves online through the RCCL website, but we've noticed that we never see an aft balcony cabin available. We were thinking about getting one on the Freedom of the Seas next year. Do you have to go through a travel agency to get that type cabin? Why are they not available online?

Lanie
Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 AM

If you prefer booking directly with RCCL I would suggest calling them and talking to one of their booking agents. I'm sure you will be told what cabins are available for the date you want to sail. We have an aft cabin booked on the Liberty in October. We booked it while we were on the Freedom last October. What is the date you want to cruise? What type of stateroom are you looking for?

Sonny
Old 04-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Banned

Its possible that the aft balcony staterooms were already sold out or taken by a group. You might want to start booking with a travel agent who will always give you better service. If you had booked with a travel agent....your question would have been answered and you would have gotten your preferred Aft Balcony stateroom...they are nice, I get one on RCCL everytime.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:08 AM

There are the rooms at the back of the boat - right? I'm the type of person that doesn't like ride backwards (limo/train). Like to see where I'm going, not where I've been. Plus it makes me a little nautious. I wonder if this would have the same effect?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 AM

I helped my sister book a Freedom cruise. When we looked on their website, for their cruise date, there were no aft balconies listed as being available. So, I called them and asked about that particular cruise, and if they had any aft balconies. They did, they just weren't showing them on the website as being available. She booked an aft balcony on deck 8 for their honeymoon over the phone with them. So, I would definately call and ask them, if they have any available for the cruise you want to take. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the replies. We usually know what we want and like booking it ourselves. Never saw the need to go through a travel agent. I just think it's strange that they only show a few of each category available online, no matter how far in advance you look, and never an aft cabin.

SonnyV, we'll probably do what you suggested, and just call RCCL when we get ready to book. We're thinking about either Freedom or Liberty. We're looking at Sept or Oct 2008. Love cruisin' in those hurricanes!

Lanie
Old 04-09-2007, 01:09 PM

I'll make sure to take a lot of pictures of my aft cabin on the Liberty. Which ever balcony cabin you book, the balconies are larger on the Freedom and the Liberty. If you haven't seen any pictures of the Freedom you're welcome to look a mine is you want. CLICK HERE

Sonny
Old 04-09-2007, 04:03 PM

LanieB mentions that she never saw the need for a travel agent. On the other hand, I always book through a travel agent.

I usually do my own research to find the cruise I want and then call several agents to see if they can get me a better deal than the cruise line offered. Usually, the price is the same, but at least one of the travel agents will offer something extra...eg, shipboard credit. I have also found that they do all the heavy lifting after the booking..tracking the documents, following up on small issues, etc.

Do any of you more experienced cruisers have pros or cons on using (or not using) an agent.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-09-2007, 08:40 PM
SailorJack, with me it just depends on the trip. For my upcoming Baltic cruise I used an agent since it involved international air travel, transfers, travel with an elderly parent, as well as wife and son, so on and so forth. There are lots of details and I would rather let her, as you say, do the heavy lifting.

My other two cruises I just did myself on-line; one involves no air transportation or transfers and the other a simple one-way flight to Ft. Lauderdale which I booked through Princess. I've traveled enough with Princess that I don't really have any questions, or if I do, I know where to find the answers. The agent just seems like an unnecessary extra layer to get through. And I found out that once booked through an agent, the cruise line is not responsive to problems; they want you to go through the agent, which I understand but I don't like.

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, balcony, caribbean, cruise, freedom, good, liberty, pictures, review, room, rooms, royal, seas, ship, ships, stat