Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
My first crusie was a balcony and now my 2nd cruise is with a balcony I really enjoyed the view and the peace that is the only cabins my family willget because they have had the inside and it wasn't for them Ocean View seems okay I guess at least you can see out your room.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! Since this is an anniversary cruise, I would try really hard to fit a balcony into the budget.

It is just so peaceful and romantic to be on the balcony together. Sometimes we order room service breakfast and have our coffee while watching the ships at sea, the flying fish, entry into a port, whatever is happening.

If you just can't fit the balcony into your budget, then I would recommend an oceanview room. It's nice to know if it's sunny or rainy before you get dressed in the morning. Plus it's just nice to have sunlight.

As Sandy said, everyone feels differently about this. You will get many different opinions! Your lifestyle and what you want most from your cruise will help you make your decision. Whatever you decide, I know you will love cruising as much as everyone on this forum does and your anniversary cruise will be a vacation to remember forever!

Nadine
Old 04-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Congratulations on your 10th, a cruise is a great way to celebrate! We don't care for inside cabins but will settle for ocean view as our minimum. We do frequently enjoy balcony cabins but the oceanviews have always been quite satisfactory.

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-03-2008, 07:19 PM

It's you 10th wedding anniversary—go with the balcony! It's your first cruise so you don't know what it's like to have an inside cabin, or a balcony cabin. I've had my share of inside cabins and I don't mind being in one, especially on 4 or 5 night cruises. I probably don't spend more than a total of 2 hours on my balcony when I have one, but it really is nice to walk out on it…even if it's just for a few minutes. A wedding anniversary needs a little more romance woven into a cruise. A balcony cabin would be part of that. My wife and I will be on a cruise in October too; we have a balcony.

Sonny
Old 04-07-2008, 06:57 AM

Hi Wendy..just came ashore from a 9night aboard explorer to the eastern carib. would recommend you go with balcony, if at all possible. staterooms are nice in size, but unless you are in suite class, are a bit snug, all things considered. nothing like coming back from a long day ashore, freshning up, then out on the balcony for predinner drinks, or just to lounge and take in the sights. I slept on the balcony one night and it was unreal. just to leave the door open to hear the passing sea was a-1? and you are gonna love Explorer. She is in tiptop shape, and the staff is one of the best I have ever encountered. BE ADVISE, however, embard and disembark in bayonne is akin to Dante's Inferno with luggage. RCCL has to get it together in this process, but thats the only inconvenience. email mail if you want more info at kripaws@optonline.net. Bon voyage!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM

Congrats on your tenth. My wife and I took our first cruise on our tenth. But nowhere on this site have I ever seen a cruise warning. The warning that states that after your first cruise, all other vacations past or future will be judged against this trip. For months after you will look at the clock, notice that it is 3:00pm and remember you could be having cookies and ice cream out on the back deck right now. The places you'll see, the friends you'll make, the food you'll eat will set the bar so high it will be hard to beat. That's probably why most people that begin cruising continue crusing. As for cabin choice - Inside/Outside? Who cares? You're going on a cruise, baby.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Ricks-Well enough said for all of us cruise lovers/addicts!

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-09-2008, 05:48 AM
well there are a few posts about cruise addiction Ricks...
but anyway well said
Old 04-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Balcony, Balcony, balcony go for it.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
balconey, balcony, cabin, cruise, frist, inside, interior, motion, oceanview, reviews, room, seasickness, sickness, stateroom, worth