Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM

Hi I am legally a minor and going on a cruise with my close friend and her family. I will carry proper identification (my passport), but what other documentation or letters do I need because I have no parent going? Also on previous Royal Caribbean cruises I have been on all activities (rock climbing, skating etc.) require the parent to sign a waiver. Will my friends parent be able to sign this or will my parents need to give advance permission to the cruise line or will I just not be able to do these activities. Thanks so much in advance.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Your parents need to sign a parental consent form for the other parents to show when everyone checks in at the terminal. That form can be obtained from the cruise line. I'm surprised the parents your traveling with weren't advised of this when they booked the cruise. The form will allow them to sign for you on the ship for the rock climbing.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Administrator

The waivers can also be done online at the Royal Caribbean website if your booking is accessed, but the permission letter is still needed since it validates things.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:07 PM
It would also be a good idea for the adults you are traveling with to have a medical power of attorney from your parents to cover any medical emergencies.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 PM
just make sure the form is notarized and signed by both parents. It should include the ship name, travel dates, and the names of the people you'll be traveling with.
Save some time and make a copy to give the agant who checks you in....it will just save time as the cruise line will want a copy.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 06-09-2010, 09:30 PM

Scroll down to the "Family Legal Documents" section HERE.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:22 AM

Thanks all! I think we will do the notarized letter.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:32 AM

We are taking a non-family member minor on our next cruise. There is a form that not only gives permission for the minor to travel with you, but it covers permission for any on-board activities and permission to call the shots on medical treatment, should a situation arise. It's a one page form that has to be signed by the parents, which we will get notarized and carry MULTIPLE copies with us onboard. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not have everything you need to board the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, child, consent, cruise, cruisesforum, cruising, family, form, forms, friend, international, letter, memener, minor, parent, royal, travel