Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat VICARIOUSLY CRUISING.
I don't think I would say loyality as nothing to do with it. The Captain can invite whom ever he wants to his table. The same goes for a bridge tour. As far as being invited to dine with the captain, it does help to have a lot of cruises under your belt. The Hotel Director will usually decide which people are at the table, for what ever reason. As far as the bridge tour goes, I get an invitation on all 5 or more night cruises, because of my diamond plus status. On my last cruise there was a couple that only had 3 cruises with Royal Carbbean. They probably were invited by the Captain; I didn't ask. I think it's great that people get invited for other reasons than the number of times they've been on a cruise.

Sonny
Old 08-02-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by VICARIOUSLY CRUISING:
Loyalty has nothing to do with it. We were invited by the Captain to have dinner with him "because we seemed to be interesting people".
Maybe, one day, I will get a captain interested in dull and dreary people.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:17 AM

Hey doc, I really doubt that you and your wife would be dull and dreary people. My wife and I have dinned at 5 different Captain's tables. I never thought that it was because I'm such an interesting person. Maybe it's my beautiful wife that's the interesting one.

Maybe we'll have an oportunity to sail on the same cruise sometime. Perhaps the two of us could strike up enough interesting personality to get an invite. Throw in Dave, and the three of us would be a sure thing.

Humbly,
Sonny
Old 08-02-2007, 06:39 AM

Dr. You are anything but dull. In fact I'll bet I have met more dull and dreary captains than passengers. Some are socially adept but others...
Old 08-02-2007, 08:04 AM

We were invited to dine with the Captain on our Celebrity Mercury cruise to Alaska a couple of weeks ago. Coincidentally, 3 of the 4 couples invited to the Captain's table were from Maryland! We ate from the same menu as the rest of the dining room, except for our free-flowing wine.

The Captain was charming, and told some great stories.

Sandy
Old 08-02-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
except for our free-flowing wine.
Sandy
Free flowing wine would invariably lead to my wife's free flowing mouth and would quickly lead to us enjoying the rest of our meals in the Windjammer.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
We ate from the same menu as the rest of the dining room, except for our free-flowing wine.

The Captain was charming, and told some great stories.

Sandy
That's why I mentioned that we never saw a different menu. We never received a framed picture (the one I posted) before either.

Sandy, my travel agent lives in Maryland. She's sailing on the Liberty this week.

Sonny
Old 08-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Sandy, my travel agent lives in Maryland. She's sailing on the Liberty this week.
Tell her I wish her a great time! It's supposed to hit 97 degrees here in Maryland today; she's going to be on the ocean at a great time.

Sandy
Old 08-04-2007, 10:56 AM

Cool!

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
I've been invited a few times. It really is a special thing. The Captian doesn't always eat at his table; if doesn't the table is empty. This picture shows my wife in a blue dress in the back of the picture, sitting next to the Captain of the Adventure; I'm the guy on the other side of her. The man in the white jacket in the front of the picture is the Hotel Director.

At this Captain's table we were server a special meal, different from what other guest had. We never had a seperate menu at any other Captain's table. It's really an honor to be invited.

Sonny
Old 08-04-2007, 05:48 PM

Sonny, we too have had the pleasure of attending a Captains dinner. It was amazing. The only problem I had was that the Captain looked incredibly like my late father. Same mannerisms, expressions etc. I couldn't stop staring at him. For the next cruise we did with RCL I asked about the Captains dinner & was told that the decision for that is made in FLA. at the HQ office before the cruise. We got lucky I guess.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
ataire, captain, captains, captians, caribbean, carnival, cruise, dinner, people, photo, photos, pics, picture, pictures, royal