Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Administrator

I think we are talking about two different things here.

The Captain's Dinner is a name typically given to one of the formal night dinners, and is open to everyone. It's sometimes called the Captain's Welcome Dinner, or something similar. It's just a regular night in the dining room -- other than being formal -- and the menu items may be stepped up a notch. You sit at your regular table.

Dinner at the Captain's table is something altogether different. This is an honor given to just a few pax on each sailing, and is by invitation only. I've never been to one, so I can't comment further, but I enjoyed Sonny's description and photo!
Old 08-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Ok clarify, We have been to the 'Captains Table'. But like I stated the invites are arranged in Fla. & not onboard at least according to the people I spoke to at RCCL.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-04-2007, 08:36 PM

Allygirl, believe me, the Captain doesn't let Miami tell him who sits at his table. I have a true story to tell you:
When we were on the Explorer in May, my wife and I were talking to the Hotel Director on the Promenade deck. My wife told me he wrote down our cabin number, and thought we were going to get and invitation to the Captain's table. I told our table mates that if we didn't show up at our table on the formal night, we would be because we would be dining with the Captain. They were all younger couples, and one couple were first time cruisers. I remember that he was a fire fighter and his wife was a nurse. Well, on formal night we didn't get an invitation so we were at our regular table. No one said anything, they probably didn't believe me anyway. The next night the Maitre d' came to our table and asked if our cabin number was ... and I said no, and gave him our correct cabin number. About 5 minutes later he came back with the Captain! My wife and I stood up and he asked if we were Mr. and Mrs. Vincer. He shook our hand and presented us with a bottle of wine. Later I found out that he was a little ill and didn't eat at his table on formal night. He personally gave a bottle of wine to each guest that would have been invited to his table. It was a first for me, and I'll never forget the moment. Needless to say, our table mates were impressed. It was an awesome experience because it was so personal. It was an honor, and I wish I could share the feeling with all of you.

Sonny
Old 08-05-2007, 08:05 PM

You could share the feeling, Sonny by taking some of us along! lol I am happy for you, it seems to be important to you and that is a wonderful story.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Banned

I had dinner with a Captain once; Cap'n Crunch.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned

Well isn't that what life is about? Impressing our tablemates. Time for me to go back and help in the bridge disaster relief.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

Tragedies do tend to remind us of where our priorities rest.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
Well isn't that what life is about? Impressing our tablemates. Time for me to go back and help in the bridge disaster relief.
What kind of a wise comment was that? Are you implying my intentions were to impress my tablemates? If anyone else thinks I'm that shallow, I'll stop posting on this forum. In the meantime, how about keeping your facetious remarks to yourself.

Sonny
Old 08-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Quote:
I wish I could share the feeling with all of you.
SonnyV you just did and it was very nice of you I like hearing of your experiances and I speak of you all the time to my sister about your knowledge so I don't know about anyone else and can only speak for myself but not posting on this forum anymore is not the answer, you have been a blessing to me anyway and again I can only speak for me, thank you for all your help i appreciate it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-06-2007, 06:23 AM

Facetious - "cleverly amusing in tone; tongue-in-cheek advice"

Closed Thread

Tags
ataire, captain, captains, captians, caribbean, carnival, cruise, dinner, people, photo, photos, pics, picture, pictures, royal