Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 11:00 AM

What is this dinner everyone talks about and how are you invited to it? LOL Also do they ever offer lobster dinner aboard the ship? Am going on the Mariner Of the Sea Sept. 9th and just wondering about a few of these things.
Thanks Wendy
Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 AM

You have to be very "loyal to royal" to get the invite to dine with the captain. I have many cruises with RCCL and have stayed in some of the best suites but I have never got the elusive invitation. (not that it hurts my feelings) Others, I am sure have dined with the head honcho on RCCL but not me. Yes, they serve lobster on the cruises and don't worry about making a mess. The head waiter is all too happy to remove the meat from the shell for you.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 AM
I thought the Captains Dinner was for everyone I only went on Royal Carribbean 1 time and we all went to the Captains dinner. He was there and everything.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-01-2007, 11:41 AM

I am sorry... I was referring to an invite to actually sit at the captain's table. Yes, the captain's dinner is for everyone.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 PM

I've been invited a few times. It really is a special thing. The Captian doesn't always eat at his table; if doesn't the table is empty. This picture shows my wife in a blue dress in the back of the picture, sitting next to the Captain of the Adventure; I'm the guy on the other side of her. The man in the white jacket in the front of the picture is the Hotel Director.

At this Captain's table we were server a special meal, different from what other guest had. We never had a seperate menu at any other Captain's table. It's really an honor to be invited.

Sonny
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
I've been invited a few times. It really is a special thing. The Captian doesn't always eat at his table; if doesn't the table is empty. This picture shows my wife in a blue dress in the back of the picture, sitting next to the Captain of the Adventure; I'm the guy on the other side of her. The man in the white jacket in the front of the picture is the Hotel
Director.[IMG:right]
http://sonnyv.smugmug.com/photos/59944309-S-
1.jpg[/IMG]

Who are the two gate crashers standing at the back!

Sonny
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM

Wow... Place cards and everything?? Now, I am really envious of the diamond plus status... Oh well, my time is coming. Of course, watch that be the time that I forget to pack my suits. I'll be the guy in the picture with the dancing hula girl on his shirt.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 PM

The two people standing in the back are the Maitre d' and the Loyality Embassador.

Sonny
Old 08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, I, for one, am empressed.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:12 PM

Loyalty has nothing to do with it. We were invited by the Captain to have dinner with him "because we seemed to be interesting people". (His words when I asked him later)
It was a really great honor, and gave my wife and I a chance to get to know him and the Cruise Director personally. We were treated like Close Friends by both of them the rest of the cruise.

By the way, the Diamond status had nothing to do with it. He met us at the "Welcome Aboard" party and after talking a bit, invited us before he knew anything about us.
It was Captain Per on the Mariner.

Love RCI - Diamond Members

Closed Thread

Tags
ataire, captain, captains, captians, caribbean, carnival, cruise, dinner, people, photo, photos, pics, picture, pictures, royal