Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Which nights can you find Lobster in the main dining on the FOS is it only the formal nights or do they even serve lobster on that ship?? If they do is it good?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Well, it is only one night and I forget which one it was. Cruise ship lobster has never been memorable to me so I generally don't order it anymore.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm glad to hear somebody else say that about cruise ship lobster; it's never been very high on my list and I'm not really hard to please. But when I order something besides the lobster I get looks like, "you must be kidding!" I guess it is one dish that dosen't fare well in the production line style of preparation.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:54 PM

The lobster will most likely be on one of the formal nights which should be the 2nd night and the 6th night. I usually order lobster on a cruise because it's not something I would order back home in a restaurant. I have had some pretty good lobster, but then again I've had some a little tough too.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Administrator

f-mattox,

I get the same looks too! The table staff comes over, all smiling and so forth, "so, we have the lobster tonight! I highly recommend it!" When order time comes I'll say something like "I'll have the duck", and it is like I just plunged a knife into the party balloon!

Sorry, but when I eat lobster I want a whole one that is big and bright red and fresh from the water! But I was spoiled as a youth since we lived close enough to the Atlantic that fresh lobster was always available.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Can't you just picture a table of ten in their best formal wear eating whole fresh lobster?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
Can't you just picture a table of ten in their best formal wear eating whole fresh lobster?
With lobster bibs (with the cruise line logo of course) tied on by the head waiter/maitre'd to justify his/her tip! "These bibs are also available for sale in the gift shop."
Old 12-12-2006, 06:28 AM

I certainly agree that the lobster is not the best I have eaten, but since it is on my list of favorite foods - I take it when I can get it. Dave, having lived all my life on one of the Great Lakes and not near the ocean, I wasn't as fortunate as you and my "lobster pickins" have been slimmer.

Spritfilled, on my last several RC cruises lobster was NOT served on the 2nd formal night as has been done in the past, but rather mid-week (it has fallen either 1 or 2 nights before the second formal night - depending on itinerary). Check with the specialty restaurant staff, the concierge or the maitre'd and they will be able to tell you which night it will be.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-12-2006, 08:13 AM

At the risk of being pelted with lobster claws, I prefer crab to lobster. Usually on lobster night I order the beef wellington, then on crab night I am in heaven.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:27 AM

On our Voyager TA they also served lobster with a delicious salad during lunch in the dining room with this new Brasserie 30 concept. And the lobstertail with a special fruity dressing was better than the one on a formal dining.
And maybe they bought too much, it was offered twice during a 11 night cruise for lunch and once for dinner.

Marita

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribian, carribean, crab, cruise, cruises, legs, lobster, pickins, recipe, royal, serve, served, ships