Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2003, 07:31 AM

Could someone please give me some advice on shore excursions to Nassau, CocoCay and KeyWest. Things I thought about doing include: Stingray snorkle, dolphin encounter, pirate/dungeon tour, parasailing, conch train tour....I'd also like to fit in some relaxation! Am I making a mistake by not going to Atlantis? I'd like to be reasonable with time. I figured the parasailing could be done at CocoCay. Which snorkling is better, stingray or seatrek? I really, really want some tips! OH! Where is the best place to find cheap souvineres? THANKS!!
Old 03-24-2003, 07:31 AM

Could someone please give me some advice on shore excursions to Nassau, CocoCay and KeyWest. Things I thought about doing include: Stingray snorkle, dolphin encounter, pirate/dungeon tour, parasailing, conch train tour....I'd also like to fit in some relaxation! Am I making a mistake by not going to Atlantis? I'd like to be reasonable with time. I figured the parasailing could be done at CocoCay. Which snorkling is better, stingray or seatrek? I really, really want some tips! OH! Where is the best place to find cheap souvineres? THANKS!!
Old 06-04-2003, 11:59 AM

My family of 4 is sailing on the voyager 7/6/03 we have only booked 1 excursion in Ochios Rios so far, does anyone have any recommendations for Cozumel,Grand Cayman or Labadee, I have two teenagers traveling with us. Thanks
Old 06-09-2003, 09:06 AM

Nassau has a market area in town, great for cheap stuff. Like a flea market only covered. We decided to check that out and then cought a cab to Atlantis as our water trips were all canceled due to weather.....not a disappointment. Awesome! There is a free part to the aquarium and a paid portion but not expensive. The hotel and grounds are really something to see. Nassau itself (town) not really much to see. Anywhere you can swim with stingrays do so. It is an experience of a lifetime and we still talk about Stingray city in Grand Cayman. Labadee also has a market area and when we were there, snorkeling was so murky couldn't see anything. Not royals fault, storm the night before but be prepared for that. The lunch provided was great and the sunbathing exellent. Lots of shells along the cove side to be had. Cozumel has great beach and snorkeling day trips. We took a party fiesta boat and went to Playa del Sol. Great for snorkeling because they have placed miniture Mayan reproductions under water and lots of fish and things to look at. Also the snorkeling are is roped off so not threat of water machines running you over. There is also a small market area and restaurant area connected to this. Party fiesta not for children but Playa del Sol definatly for the whole family.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:42 AM

Well, in Nassau we took a taxi to Atlantis and paid the $25pp but were disappointed that we couldn't see much of the pools and were not able to use the beach. So we went back to the port and went to the straw market. Got most souvenires there. It started pouring so we ran next door to Senor Frogs and had a BLAST!!! We ate, danced, drank margueritas (sp?) and got free shots while dancing in a conga line. To hear more, see my review at cruisereviews.com, Majesty of the Seas! Shannon

Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, city, cococay, excursion, key, keywest, parasailing, review, stingray, west