Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 04:20 PM

We are booked on the Jewel and really had our heart set on an owners suite but were only able to book a grand suite. We will pounce on an owners if it comes available. What is the best way to get an upgrade if one opens up?? Do we keep calling, have our travel agent call or check the web site?

Thanks for any help you may have for us.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 PM

Hello Dave,
Welcome to cruise-chat. I would suggest you talk to your travel agent. If all the owner suites are booked you would have to have a cancellation in order to upgrade. If you can't get an upgrade before the sailing date, head for the purser's desk as soon as you board the ship. You probably would have to pay the difference if there is an owners suite available. If you call RCCL they may be able to help. The number to call is 1-800-526-9723
When is your sailing date?

Sonny
Old 11-28-2006, 06:37 PM

Hello. Welcome to cruise-chat. My husband and I usually get a junior suite, when we cruise just me and him. One cruise he booked a little late, and could only get a standard balcony. So, I called RCCL, and they had a "wait list" for the junior suites, and they put us on it. I found out we got our JS, when I called to make a payment via phone. They did not notify me of the upgrade, which I had to pay for of coarse. Anyways, call them! See if they have a wait list for the OS, that you can get on. If you booked via travel agent, they might have to call and request this for you. Hope this helps. Good luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-28-2006, 07:08 PM

We are cruising the 18th of February. All of the OS are booked now so we are in search of. I will call and get on a wait list and also check when we board as well is we have not been able to upgrade by then. Thanks so much!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, call, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, owners, rccl, royal, ship, stateroom, suite, upgrade, upgraded, upgreades