Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 07:38 PM

Can anyone give me any input on the Explorer in comparision to the Navigaotor and/or Voyager? I'm looking at cruises out of Miami in March at these these itineries really appeal to me (st. marteen and St. Thomas) and the Explorer seems to be much cheaper and I was wondering why? Thank you, Pam
Old 12-21-2006, 08:27 PM

The Explorer is a great ship. You'll be very happy on her, especially if it's less money.

Sonny
Old 12-22-2006, 06:13 AM

Thank you, that's the one I'm going to book. Can you bear with me for one more question regarding arrival? Coming out of Boston the best direct flight is on Jet Blue which only goes to Ft. Lauderdale. It's a direct flight so I don't expect delays on the layovers and it lands at 10:20am. Will I be able to make it to Miami on time? And is there transporation available from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Does the insurance cover snow storms? Thanks again
Old 12-22-2006, 07:35 AM

We usually fly into Ft. Lauderdale. It's only a 40 minute ride from Ft. Lauderdale to the Port of Miami. We use Top Shuttle to get us to and from the Port of Miami. Here is there web site for rates. http://www.topshuttle.com/

Your arrival time is perfect. You'll be able to go directly to the port and should be able to board the ship right away. I usually get to the ship terminal around 11:30 am. We us Top Shuttle after the cruise also. Hope this helps...

Sony
Old 12-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Sonny,

We have used limos for the past several cruises, but I think we may try Top Shuttle next time. It's about 50% cheaper!
Old 12-22-2006, 08:59 PM

Dave, We took a top shuttle from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale last week and it was $105 for our family of 7. That's $75 less than using the ships shuttle. They don't fill the shuttles with people anymore. The driver was waiting with a sign with our name on it. You just call them a tell them how many people in you party.

Merry Christmas to you and all of your family.

Sonny
Old 12-23-2006, 01:50 PM

Hi, I finally decided. Since I was flying into Ft. Lauderdale, I decided on a cruise from there which is an 8 night eastern Carribean on The Radiance. By the time I got the shuttle and traffic and the point I probably would have to get a hotel, I thought this was easier. Now I just have to make arrangements back and forth. Arrival will be no problem as I get there early enough and will probably just grab a taxi?. The return flight is at 12:30 so I'm hoping there is plenty of time. It was such a hassle planning the flight with layovers, which can make you late for your cruise!!!! Thanks for your input, Pam
Old 01-01-2007, 07:34 AM

After reading this post we scheduled Top Shuttle for Dec 24 arrival from Miami and Dec 31 departure from Ft. Lauderdale. The service was great. THe guy had signs each time. They did have a holiday up-charge on the 24th and the 31st though. Be still it was worth it.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, forum, ft, lauderdale, miami, reviews, shuttle, top, topshuttle