Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 03:11 PM

You were all so helpful before...

I was reading on a chat site about hotel cleanliness (or lack thereof) that hotel bedspreads are seldom laundered. Do you thing RCCL launders theirs between guests? I try not to be a germ freak-o, but...

Also.. to be "perfectly clear"..if we have passports, we do not need birth certificates, correct? (US citizens departing Port Canaveral for Western Carib.)

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Yes, you are correct. You don't need birth certificates if you have passports. I think they only change the sheets and pillow cases. I've been on several back-to-back cruises and never saw and thing different about how the cabin stewards change bedding. I'd be more concerned about wearing those life jackets during the muster drill.

Sonny
Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 AM

When we left Adventure of the Seas, we were the last out of our area and we witnessed the beds being stripped completely in each cabin we passed.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 AM

They strip the beds but I don't think they put new bed spreads on--at least I never witnessed it. I'll try to pay more attention the next time I do a back-to-back cruise.

Sonny
Old 05-10-2009, 08:07 AM
If you pay close attention, you'll notice that they don't change the sheets every day either.
Not that that's necessary...maybe it's different in a suite

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-10-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
If you pay close attention, you'll notice that they don't change the sheets every day either.
Hotels on land generally don't do that any more either, unless you specifically ask each day that your sheets be changed.

I don't recall if Royal Caribbean does this, but some cruise lines' bedspreads are actually a quilt in between two bed sheets. This is great, because they do wash the sheets that enclose the quilt, so each new cruise you're getting clean sheets not only on your bed, but surrounding the quilt/blanket/spread, too.

Sandy
Old 05-10-2009, 03:37 PM

You can always ask the steward about the bed spreads. If they didn't change them ask them for fresh ones. Not that I'm a germ-a-phobe and would have any experience with this.

Dwayne
Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 AM

I'm not 100% sure, but every time we've disembarked, the beds have been stripped down, bedspreads included. They do use the mats over the bedspreads now, so maybe they don't wash them each cruise. However, as much microscopic oversight as the cruise industry receives, I'd be surprised if they didn't wash everything down between cruises.

Closed Thread