Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 12:12 AM

HELLO,
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW STRICT RCCL IS ON THE AGE LIMIT IN CHOPS GRILL. I SEE ON THE WEB SITE THAT CHILDREN HAVE TO BE AT LEAST 13 TO GET IN. MY FAMILY AND I ( WIFE, KIDS 14, 12, 11) WILL BE CRUISING IN OCT. AND THOUGHT ABOUT EATING IN CHOPS. BY THE WAY, WHICH NIGHT WOULD BE THE BEST TO EAT IN CHOPS? WE WILL BE SAILING ON THE EOS 5 NIGHT WESTERN CARB. CRUISE.

THANKS FOR THE HELP
Old 06-08-2007, 07:31 AM

hello,

was on the eos in march.the ship is great! we ate at chops on the 3rd night. they do recommend reservations. call them once you board. overall service was great,but i wasn't impressed with my steak. i guess i had higher expectations by eatig at other top steak houses around the usa. i will tell you i had the ny strip. and my wife had the filet which was very good. the last night of the cruise they had lobster!

have a great cruise!

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-08-2007, 08:27 AM

Well, as far as the age limit goes, I am not sure how strict they are. It may depend on the manager for that ship. On the Mariner, we ate at Chops and our daughters ages 13 and 11 (12 next week) ate in the normal dinning room with our table mates (who said they did a very good job of being adults while there) because we didn't want to break the "age rule" for our 11 year old. We were dissapointed when the table next to us had a very obviously younger boy (guestimate at 10 yrs) eating dinner. I don't have a problem with a younger child being there if they behave, but this boy was talking very loudly, getting in and out of his chair and in general not acting in a manner appropriate to the resturant. Our daughters could have very well gone and enjoyed steak with us and been better behaved.

So, the question you SHOULD be asking (and I mean no offense to you or your childern here) is "Are my childern going to act properly in Chops or will they disrupt other diners that may have gone to Chops for a child free atmosphere?" If you can not say yes to the above question, then you should not even ask Chops to "bend the rule". If you say no, you can always take them to the buffet before your reservation and then enjoy yourselves at Chops while they go off to their activities.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
rockytop-
we did the EOS Western Carribbean trip in Dec. 2005 and dined when there were several children under the age of 13, they were all well behaved and the meal was fabulous. On that cruise we dined on our 3rd night out.

BillyBuzzy
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 AM

rockytop,
You could probably ask your waiter the first night for the menu for each subsequent night. Then, you can eat at Chops on a night on which the menu doesn't look to appeticing to you. From the sounds of it, your children are well behaved and probably will not create a problem, but I would probably check.

Watch for those Dawg fans around you.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 PM

when we ate at chops we ate on saturday night which was the last night there. it was wonderful. i dont think there is an age limit. when we were there, there were kids there under the age of 10. the price is like 20 or 40 a person. but its worth it. i got the ny strip and couldnt eat hardly half of it. let me know if u want anymore info. i have lots of pics

Closed Thread

Tags
age, caribbean, carribean, child, chops, cruises, dinner, grill, grille, kids, night, rccl, reserve, restriction, royal