Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2005, 10:09 AM

We are going on our first cruise in 45 days!! (I know still a long time off....) I have read several different opinions on bringing your own soda/soft drinks on your cruise. When I asked a person at RCC they told me it was fine. However, recently I read that you are NOT allowed and when I called back and aske, I was told that they do NOT allow you to bring any. Can anyone give me some input here. I would really like ot find out. I am not planning on bringing 50 cans or anything - but I was going to bring along some. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:10 PM

I'm betting their official policy is no soft drinks, but I've brought them on every cruise we've taken. I don't usually bring them on the first day because we've got our hands full with the suitcases. I've left the ship after we've checked in and bought some though. I buy them in ports and carry them on in plastic shopping bags, so I know anyone can see what they are. I buy maybe six of the small bottles and they've never said a thing.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:24 AM

We have sailed Royal Caribbean and Carnival and we have always brought on soft drinks. No one has ever said a word to us.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:33 PM

You're not allowed to bring drinks onboard the ships. However the day of embarking they don't have the scanner active, so people do bring drinks on board. I've done it several times. However when you're at port, the scanners are active but sometimes people still get by. I have.

However the cruise ships make most of their money with drinks, therefore it's against their policy to bring drinks on board. Have fun on your trip.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:22 PM

Came back on Sept 4 and asked before we left as well. They did scan the stuff we bought and said that it was ok. We bought some in Orladno where we stayed before the cruise so the kids could get their fill of Disney and Universal.

You are allowed if (both soft and hard drinks): the brand is not available on board (you can get a list...but they do not carry all brands of diet soda), or your favourite wine is not 1 of their brands.

You can even ask your cabin steward to empty the fridge in the cabin so that you can use it for yours.

The soda card is for fountain soda and not cans...so if you are fussy, it is a bit extra.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Let me start this by saying that I think the drink passes are ridiculous. For what the cruise ships charge, they can include soda and juice, for heaven's sake.

That being said, we bought soda (2 L bottles) in the first port and brought them on board. They were in clear plastic bags, and no one said anything. In addition, we bought a few bottles of run, vodka, Bailey's, etc. They did take the large bottles, but they did not say anything about the smaller ones, which were in my personal bag. My understanding is that they cannot say anything to you is there is something in your personal bag. Have fun!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 10-09-2005, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hyacinth:
Came back on Sept 4 and asked before we left as well. They did scan the stuff we bought and said that it was ok. We bought some in Orladno where we stayed before the cruise so the kids could get their fill of Disney and Universal.

You are allowed if (both soft and hard drinks): the brand is not available on board (you can get a list...but they do not carry all brands of diet soda), or your favourite wine is not 1 of their brands.

You can even ask your cabin steward to empty the fridge in the cabin so that you can use it for yours.

The soda card is for fountain soda and not cans...so if you are fussy, it is a bit extra.
The drinks that you carried on board with you when you first got on the ship - how did you carry them on? Were they in your suitcase - or did you carry them on in a bag with you?

Closed Thread

Tags
bringing, cruise, cruises, drinks, scan, soda