Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 02:18 PM

Well, as long as RCCL doesn't switch from Jonnie Rockets to Taco Bell, at least we won't have E. Coli to worry about.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 12-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Yeah, but all that meat instead of vegetables.....my habit of eating lots of red meat has caused my gout to return with a vengeance! Nothing quite like a 2am scream of pain as it hit all at once this early morning. Better now, thanks to my doctor and some good drugs.

Now I contemplate tonights dinner of lettuce and something else. I imagine the vegetarian entree on an RCCL ship would suit me fine, but "I ain't there!".
Old 12-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Sherry, That was a great report. My daughter is a dancer on a cruise line and she has been on a cruise that experienced Norovirus and reported it (ie more than 3% of the passengers). Her report of the events matches yours very nearly, even though she does not work for RCL. She was sick also and was quarenteened. Some of the crew instructions did inform her that Disinfectant Gel does nothing for the noroviris. Since it is a virus and not a bacteria using an antibacterial will not help. Wash, wash, wash, soap and water is the key to stopping the norovirus. The santizing stations while they may help for non virus illness are just show stuff against the noro.
Again, nice report and thanks.
Gordon (CruiseDad)

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, caribbean, change, cruise, linen, navigator, norovirus, rccl, royal, seas, serenade, sheets, ships, stafford, va, worried