Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Can anyone give me their experience in the airports going to a cruise Christmas Week? Also, the air deviation does not seem to be available. Can anyone with regular air with Royal Caribbean tell me their experience? I do not want anything but nonstop flights.

Caribbean Deals & Discounts
Old 06-13-2006, 01:53 PM

The airports are packed, the airplanes are packed. This year, we're driving to Ft. Lauderdale instead of fighting the airports. We had no choice out of San Juan a couple of years ago, but I vowed never to do it again. We arrived in the Colorado Springs airport at 5:00am and the line was out of the door waiting to get to the ticket counter. Then there was a huge line to go through security. If you've not been to Colorado Springs airport, it's not that big, 14 gates. It's about the same size as the one in Huntsville, AL. We had never seen a crowd like that at any holiday. We then had to change planes in Houston, which was a real mess and we barely made our connection. It's about a 16 hour drive to get to Ft. Lauderdale from where we live, but I'd rather try that than go through airport hell over the holidays. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:47 AM

We are going on a Christmas cruise too this year! No Christmas shopping for us either! I've booked the Navigator leaving Dec 23. Are you flying in a day ahead? I was advised to do this especially because of the time of year. I dread the airport crowds already, but at least there is something wonderful at the end of it!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:52 PM

SENGLISH:

You are taking the airfare with the cruiseline? Are you getting a deviation as well with them if so? I want to fly out the day before but they cannot guarantee me nonstop and cannot even tell me how MANY stops there will be. Care to share what you are going to do? I don't know if I want to drive (17hours) or take the chance and arrange my own airfare.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:16 PM

I'm Canadian and flying out of Toronto. I booked through a travel agent here and all cruises are book through Encore Travel no matter what travel agent you use. My travel agent booked our flights for us in order to get us direct flights from Toronto to Miami. It did cost us more, but in my opinion, worth it to get a direct flight. We're spending so much on this cruise(there are 5 of us) I've lost track! But it's Christmas right
Old 06-15-2006, 04:55 AM

SENGLISH--that was our thoughts too! We definately want a nonstop (we're flying from New Jersey) . It's only a 2 3/4 hour flight so with stopping, we'd might as well just drive (which was a thought). I just thought it was a better and safer bet if you booked the air with the cruise agency. I thought that way you were protected, but now I hear as long as you take insurance which I definately am going to with the pricing of the Christmas Cruise. We were booked on the Navigator as you are, but changed to the Mariner. We just like Port Canaveral better for the port (and the Orlando airport better too) and liked the ports of call on the Mariner better. I've been to the ports of call that the Navigator is visiting and wasn't all that thrilled! (although we did not book shore excursions too much). I also like the two days at sea as my kids LOVE the ship and we just got off of a cruise where there were 2 days at sea going and coming back and it was wonderful! Enjoy your cruise. Would have been nice to meet you if we were going on the same cruise...mind sharing what room you selected?
http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/Family_Christmas_Cruise/...0_13.gif[/img][/url]
Caribbean Accommodation Reviews
Old 06-15-2006, 05:11 AM

Hey CruiseQueen2!

Why don't you switch your cruise back? I'll sure we'd have a great Christmas together! This is my family's first cruise. We rarely take vacations, so it's kind of a big deal for us. My kids are 21 19 and 15 so chances are this will be the last vacation with just the five of us, which is why we are going all out! We've booked 2 staterooms with balconies on Deck 8. I figured we had to start someplace and just wanted a ship that all my kids would enjoy. I'm sure we'll have a great time, as will you.

I'm looking forward to the ports. I haven't book anything, yet but we are thinking of river tubing, swimming with the dolphins and snorkling with the stingrays! Not sure how we couldn't enjoy that! We are 2 days at sea too which will give us a chance to enjoy the ship.

I've taken out travel insurance as well. I was told that was a must!

My sister is in New Jersey! She's in Montclair. Where are you?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:00 AM

Hi, we have taken 3 cruises. I have always booked my airfair my self, with either expedia or direct with one of the airlines. We always fly out at least a day or 2 ahead, since we live in new york, and book a flight home after 12. It has never been a problem! Good Luck!

Caribbean Resorts & Hotels

Closed Thread

Tags
air, airfare, christmas, cruises, deviation