Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2006, 08:57 AM

We were on Freedom on a June 18th sailing. Great ship-clean, huge, new and fantastic beds. Built for families w/ children (flowrider, nice arcade but expensive, H2O Zone is great. In Montego Bay we took the River Tubing excursion. If you are going to do this, WEAR SNEAKERS due to the total mud they leave you off in. Vans could not get down to pick us up and the mosquitoes were nasty. We wouldn't do it again. Beware! Also the Seattle's Best coffee was the worst. Drink tea. I think they have coffee pot problems or they just let the stuff sit too long. The ship was beautiful but we liked Explorer better. Also, the food was tasteless and the chef evidently doesn't like chocolate caue a chocolate cake was not to be found.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator

SusanM,

Glad to hear you liked the Freedom. We were on the maiden voyage on June 4. No chocolate? Didn't you get the chocolate banana cream pie one night? The buffet dinner had a ton of chocolate desserts - including cake.

I generally liked the food. Most cruise ship food is not seasoned too highly since they have so many people to cook for thus they go for the bland side of the spectrum - although on the Freedom cruise I got soup one night (I think it had "Malaysian" in the soup name) that was quite spicy, which I loved.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:38 PM

I want to convince my mom to go on the freedom. 1 cuz its new and 2 because its the biggest ship out there as of now. Can you tell me some more great things about it so i have a better case lol. cuz what ive seen of it, it seems like mmost other ships weve been on
Old 07-01-2006, 08:48 PM

To 17andacruiseaddict-I too was on the maiden voyage on June 4th. As far as different things to do. There is a Kareoke club, that was alot of fun. The promenade is bigger, with more stores/bars then the Explorer class. The Flowrider is a blast to go on, and almost as much fun to sit and watch. The cantilevered jaccuzis are wonderful, and sooooo big. And besides, she is the largest cruise ship in the world, for now. That was reason enough for me, the other stuff didn't hurt either. Good luck. Lil' Lori Plus they have the most entertaining bartenders at the Boleros, I have EVER seen.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-01-2006, 09:19 PM

Lol thanks so much. I showed her what you said, and she says shes "thinking about it". which in her case is very good
Old 07-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Administrator

I almost forgot about the guys at Bolero's! Manny and Adrian are great! Manny makes the best mojitos and caipahrinas.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:36 PM

Hi Dave56: No! No chocolate banana nothing! Glad you got it though. We ate in the dining room every night so perhaps that's why but they really did skimp on the chocolate...The best was the chicken marsala which was very good and moist and the cold soups were great. Other than that the dining room food was blah.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:58 AM

ok folks. my mom is still considering the fablous freedom. weve seen pics on rccl.com and googled it. but they all pretty much show the same things. does any1 have any pics they took that are of good quality and really show off different areas of the ship and how beautuful it is?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:10 PM

To 17andacruiseaddict: You probably already found it, but the FreedomOfTheSeas.com shows some great pictures. Sorry if you already saw them! Good luck, it really is a magnificent ship!

All-Inclusive Resorts
Old 07-05-2006, 06:24 PM

actually i have been to the site. but for sum reason, after the introduction, it stops and i cant see anything else.

Closed Thread

Tags
chocolate, freedom, seas