Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 02:20 PM

Hello, I'm about to go on "Mariner of the Seas".
I have been on the "Navigator". Can anyone tell me if "Mariner" will be as good? I loved the Navigator.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

The Navigator should offer the same cruise experience as you had on Mariner. Both are great ships.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:57 PM

Thank you Dave. Actually, it's the "Mariner" I'm about to cruise on. I loved the "Navigator". It was the best vacation I have ever been on. Now, I'm a cruiser for life. Thanks for your input. Have you been on the "Mariner"?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I got that backwards! I've been on Mariner. We had a great time. The two ships are essentially identical.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:56 PM

Been on the Mariner twice, once on a back to back. If the Navigator is a sister ship, then you'll love it. Which intinerary are you going on? Maybe I can offer some tips for your excursions. Been on the Western twice and the Eastern Once.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Much like Scott, we've been on MAriner twice, adn are planning our third this year in September. Of the Voyager class of ships, she is the newest, and is a sister ship to Navigator. She is beautiful, and well taken care of by her crew. Her interior dressings are a bit flashy; I wouldn't even call them subdued, but she is a wonderful ship, and I'm sure you'll have a great time.
See as many shows onboard as you can, and be sure to visit Chops Grill-the best.
Enjoy yourselves!!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 PM

Thank you so much Dave, Scott, and Jim. My hubby and I will be going on I guess the eastern cruise. We will visit San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. We went on the western about four years ago. We are most interested in history and good food. Grateful for your help.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:51 PM

I can also attest to the Navigator and Mariner being almost identical. I've been on both ships more than once, and favor them over the other "Voyager" class ships. You'll love the Mariner.

Sonny
Old 01-06-2008, 05:39 AM

Wow Sonny, you have a great 2008 planned!
Thanks for the comments. I'm so looking forward to this vacation thanks to everyone's help. Now, help me plan our excursions. We definitely want to see all the shows we can while on the ship. We have climbed a waterfall, snorkled, and swam with stingrays. Give us some ideas for fun. Thanks again for all your help.
Norma

Old 01-07-2008, 05:55 PM

Mariner must have changed thier intinerary. They used to go to Coco Cay, St. Thomas then St. Martin. I've Never been to Puerto Rico, but I'm sure there's a lot of history there. Since you like food, be sure to eat as much as possible in the Main Dinning room, the food is great. My wife and I like beaches and snorkeling the best. If you're going to St Thomas you've got to book the Five Star Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel to St. John, it's awesome. Another one of our favorites is Trunk Bay in St. John. Royal Caribbean has excursions to both. Here's a pic of Trunk Bay, just beautiful!

and here's a link to our back to back on the Mariner...Mariner of the Seas Back to Back

Closed Thread

Tags
mariner, seas