Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2005, 07:03 PM

We'll be sailing on Monarch next week and would like to take teenagers to Sea World on our own due to cost. Does anyone know approx. how far Sea World is from where the ship docks/how long it takes to get there?
Thanks for any info./help.
Luv Cruising
Old 07-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Banned

Luv
The distance to sea world depends on which port you are sailing from. From Port Canaveral about 1 1/2 hrs. From Ft. lauderdale about 2 1/2 hrs. Miami about 3 hrs. And if you are leaving from Tampa about 45 min. and Jacksonville about 2 hrs. This covers all the cruise port's in Florida. Hope this help's.
Tom
Old 07-01-2005, 09:39 AM

I don't really have anything to add to this but because Luv Cruising is sailing on the Monarch, I'm assuming he/she is talking about Sea World in San Diego.

TimT
Old 07-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Hello. We are spending 3 nights in San Diego in August, at the Westin. According to the Westin website, it is 0.4mi from seaport village which is more or less where the Monarch docks, and 7mi from SeaWorld. So, I would guess the ship dock and SeaWorld are roughly 7-8 miles from each other. We have done the Baja on the Monarch, and it docks roughly a 1/4 mile from Seaport Village. We had our 13 year old son with us. They had a nice teenage program. We went into the teen disco to look for our son, and we got kicked out cause we were too old. That was a first, LOL!!!!! The Monarch was our first cruise, we did Explorer last year, which was even better. We are repeating Monarch this january. FYI, we first did the Monarch in june '03, it was hot during the day, but FREEZING whe n the sun went down. The wind was cold. We did not think we would need a jacket, so we didn't bring one. We were so cold at night, my husband and I both spent $60 each in the gift shop for hooded sweatshirts. We mostly like to hang out on deck, so we needed it. Well have a blast, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-01-2005, 02:21 PM

I'm sorry! I didn't clarify the location. Yes, it will be out of San Diego where Monarch now sails out of Los Angeles.
Thank-you both Thom/Tim for you input.
Sincerely,
Luv...
Old 07-01-2005, 02:37 PM

Thank-you L. Lori. I appreciate the reminder how chilly/cold it gets in the evening. I'll remind everyone to bring sweaters. Glad you had a good trip on the Monarch and I've heard great things about Explorer. I'm glad it was a great cruise. Would like to hear your thoughts about the ship. We'd love to try that one when I can fly all of us from Phx. to Florida. Long trip...The last time we flew to Miami we sailed on Carnival's Ecstasy and a engine caught on fire the last day at sea. It was July, no a/c, plumbing etc. and everyone who was flying out of Miami lost their reservations due to the lateness of getting into Port. We can laugh about it now!!! Whew, what a trip that was.
Anway, again thanks for the help and info.
Sincerely,
Luv...
Old 08-16-2005, 07:30 AM

Sea World is about 7 miles from the "B" Street Pier in San Diego. The best way to get there would be with your own car rental. There are numerous car rental companies in the area as the airport is only 5 minutes away. The "B" Street Terminal is on Harbor Drive and if you go north on Harbor past the airport and over the bridge, you will see Nimitz. Bear to the right on Nimitz and go over the hill into Mission Bay. Drive past the begining of Interstate 8. You will see Sea World off to your left. Get off on Sea World Drive (actually a 240 degree turn that takes off to the right) and follow it to the park. To go tot he beach and OB and PB get off on West Mission Bay Drive. You can Mapquest it, which I would suggest because if you just look on a map, it looks difficult to get to it.

Have a great day in San Diego, America's Finest City.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
canaveral, miami, port, sea, world