Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2004, 11:05 AM

I haven't read if anyone has taken liquor on board the Grandeur of the Seas???
Or does the shop carry bourbon at a resonable price.
We are leaving Baltimore on the 24th for a 10 night stay on this ship.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:05 AM

I haven't read if anyone has taken liquor on board the Grandeur of the Seas???
Or does the shop carry bourbon at a resonable price.
We are leaving Baltimore on the 24th for a 10 night stay on this ship.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:00 AM

Most cruiselines are becoming more stringent on allowing you to bring your own alcohol aboard. Royal Caribbean's official policy is that "they reserve the right to limit or refuse alcoholic beverages to be brought aboard the ship for consumption during the cruise vacation". Many people transfer their alcohol into water bottles/ginger ale bottles, etc. to avoid detection. You can purchase alcohol in the liquor stores at duty-free prices, but it is not delivered to you until the last night of the cruise. I had read somewhere that RC was allowing you to purchase alcohol on board for personal consumption, but charged a fee for taking it with you. I'll try to track down more specific info on that and post another message.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-07-2004, 06:14 AM

Thanks,
I appreciate any info.
d
Old 10-18-2004, 09:34 AM

I TALKED TO RC. I WAS TOLD IT IS A IMPORTANT DATE. BDAY OR ANNIVERSERY I COULD BRING TWO BOTTLES OF WINE OR TWO BOTTLES OF CHAMPANE TO KEEP IN MY ROOM.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:47 PM

We were on Mariner in May. You can buy at duty free and for a $9.50 upcharge per bottle, take it to your cabin. Although it sounds high, it is still a bargain. For example, a litre of Absolute Vodka in Georgia is over $20 per bottle. On the ship it was only about $9.00. So including the upcharge of $9.50 it was still only $18.50 per litre, well below the cost at a liquor store. In addition you don't have the hassle of carrying it on board. If you call RCL they can let you know if this policy is still in effect and particularly for your ship. It really is a win-win policy for all. And again, most alcohol is still cheaper paying the $9.50 than buying it in the U.S. For any bottle you don't want to pay the upcharge they deliver to your cabin the last night as always. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, alchol, alcohol, board, bottle, bottles, bringing, buy, caribbean, cruise, onboard, policy, royal, ship, taking, water