Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2004, 07:57 AM

We will be sailing in February on the Summit. Any info on this cruise would be greatly appreciated. We would like to know what is best to do in Panama and Costa Rica? In which port is it best to go through the locks? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2004, 07:57 AM

We will be sailing in February on the Summit. Any info on this cruise would be greatly appreciated. We would like to know what is best to do in Panama and Costa Rica? In which port is it best to go through the locks? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:19 AM

I suspect that you will enter the Gatun locks on the Caribbean side of Panama. Usually, the ship will make its way up the three locks into Gatun Lake, tender folks ashore for shore excursions (if you don't purchase a shore excursion, you won't get off the ship) and then proceed back down the locks. Sometimes the ships will call in the port of Cristobal for a short period. There is excellent shopping for regional knick knacks in the cruise terminal.

For Puerto Limon there are numerous things to do. You can check out PortReviews.com for lots of information. Let us know if you have any specific questions.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 07-16-2004, 09:52 AM

I have heard that our ship does not go through any locks. It stops at Colon, Panama and Puerto Limon, Costa Rica.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:56 AM

It depends on how adventurous you are, but I highly recommend the Crazy Monkey Canopy Tour in Puerto Limon. I did a special report on it for PortReviews.com. There is a link to it from the Puerto Limon page. Was one of the most exhilarating things I have ever done!! Some people in our group took the Aerial Tram Rainforest excursion and thought it was very good - but they didn't see much wildlife.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-26-2004, 12:21 PM

Hi Nancy N, Thanks for the reply..We are not that adventurous. I read your review and it was great. What else would you recommend in these ports????

Closed Thread

Tags
11, aerial, caribbean, celebrity, costa, cruise, cruises, excursion, night, panama, review, rica, royal, tram, ultimate