Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2005, 02:59 AM

With the new "stretch" of the ship, what will that do with cabin assignments and such? Is there a place to view new deck plans?
Old 05-11-2005, 03:14 AM

bcuddy,

deck plans are posted on the RCI web site.

Concerning your first question, I'm not sure whether I understand it correctly. See, this refurbishment and "stretching" doesn't come as a "sudden surprise" for the company, so their reservation system has been reflecting the changes for quite some time.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-11-2005, 05:03 AM

Well, I guess it is a good thing that the Enchantment was going in for a major overhaul. I saw a news item that she was damaged crossing the North Atlantic during rough seas on her way to drydock. Not a very good time for RC lately.

Royal Caribbean has some information and pictures of the proposed changes to the Enchantment on their website. Here is the link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...ts&shipCode=EN

Hope that helps-

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-12-2005, 09:38 AM

Hancy, I just returned from Enchantment on May 5th last voyage before dry dock I had heard that the week before there was an engine problem and everything was fine Happy that we were in the Caribbean and not Atlantic when damage happened Hope that crew was okey Where did you hear about ship damage? I would like to have more information I had been on Enchantment in Sept and again on April 30 I loved this cruise ship and can't wait until she returns
Old 05-12-2005, 10:25 AM

MaryLouise,

the news item was posted at Seatrade Insider (and probably elsewhere, as well).

Quote:
Enchantment on course after heavy seas
11/5/2005
Enchantment of the Seas encountered stormy weather early into its Atlantic crossing from Fort Lauderdale to Europe, where the vessel is scheduled to undergo a drydock lengthening at Rotterdam’s Keppel Verolme Shipyard.

Carrying workers but no revenue passengers, Enchantment hit rough seas on Saturday after sailing from Port Everglades late Thursday night. Five stateroom windows were broken, causing some water damage on decks two and three. ‘No one was injured and there was no significant damage to the ship,’ a Royal Caribbean International spokeswoman told Seatrade Insider.

She said Enchantment is currently sailing in calm seas toward Rotterdam.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-12-2005, 01:54 PM

I'm suppose to be going on Enchantment Of the Seas 7/31/05 .. Can't wait until the ship is all finish!!

-Ashlee

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, atlantic, caribbean, damage, enchantment, enchatment, engine, insider, problems, refurbishment, royal, sea, seas, ship, trouble, water