Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 09:57 AM

Hi everyone , I was wondering if anyone Knows if there is a catholic mass on sunday.I will be going on the explorer of the seas.I will be leaving in march. Thanks Monica
Old 11-11-2007, 09:57 AM

Hi everyone , I was wondering if anyone Knows if there is a catholic mass on sunday.I will be going on the explorer of the seas.I will be leaving in march. Thanks Monica
Old 11-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Hi Monica, I wanted to welcome you to Cruise-Chat and wish I knew the answer to your question. I know there is a chapel and know they have some type of service, I believe it's an interdenominational (sp?) service. I have heard that mass was performed on some ships but I don't know any specifics or what ships. Hoping there is someone here that knows and can give you further assistance.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-11-2007, 03:24 PM

The Skylight Chapel is on deck 15 just above the Viking Crown Lounge.

Sonny
Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Monnie, call Royal Car. customer service & ask them. You may even be able to request a service for your family if one isn't given.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-14-2007, 11:16 AM

Monnie, I had the same question about the Carnival Miracle when I sailed in September. If RC is similar, they usually only have a priest on board for major holidays (i.e. Easter). It is possible, however, that a priest will be traveling on your cruise. If this is the case, I would assume that he would celebrate mass. Even if you call RC and and they tell you "no", check with the information desk while on-board when Sunday approaches.

As a last resort, you can spend some nice quiet time in the chapel on Sunday. It's not quite the same as making it to mass, but it's the best you can do and it is usually peaceful there.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM

Monnie, I thought I made it plain, but I guess not. The Skylight Chapel is on deck 15. They have services every Sunday. I don't know the times of the services, but there are both catholic and protestant services.

Sonny
Old 11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
If there is a priest on board your ship, he may have a mass....I don't think there is anything planned....it just happens....but you could go to the chapel and have some private meditation time...Happy Sailing...

Bob E
Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 PM

I'm I not getting through? There ARE church services every Sunday! It is a plan.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, church, cruise, cruises, easter, explorer, miracle, religious, royal, sea, service, servives, ship, ships, sunday