Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 07:37 AM

Is the "Next Cruise Booking" available on any of the ships? Dave, did you get yours while on Liberty? We are leaving on Liberty in December and I would like to do this. Where can I read more about this? Does RCCL advertise this on their website?

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 08-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Bruce,

You can do it on any RCI ship. Just go to the Loyalty Ambassador desk. I did my "next cruise booking" on the Liberty. They have an office with two ladies working on new bookings. It is next to the Cafe Promenade. They have forms that you fill out for this choice, so there is no waiting. Just fill it out and give it to them. They'll hit you up to apply for a RCI Visa card if you don't already have one. It is a good deal with the credits you accrue.

The RCI website is rather sparse on details for NextCruise. All I can find is this press release.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:27 AM

Dave, thanks for the info. I found one small section before I read your press release. It looks like instead of having 3 years to finalize, there is no limit now. Is this correct?

This will be our 4th cruise but first on RCCL and first for our daughter who is 8. Can you tell me, after having been on LOS, did if feel crowded to you? I want to make this first time cruise feeling special for our daughter and I am trying to learn as much as I can before hand. Thanks again.

Bruce

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Administrator

I am confused about the 3 year/no expiration thing too. I need to verify if they have changed it.

Liberty Of The Seas never felt crowded to me, realizing that the shear size of the ship makes this so. We rarely saw a line of any great length. I've seen longer lines at the buffet on the Holiday than I did on the Liberty....except for embarkation day since the dining room was closed, but we boarded priority and were among the first in the Windjammer. By the time we finished it was a bit crowded. But after that it was fine.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Administrator

I just read my NextCruise documentation. Indeed it does state that there is no expiration date.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JuniorCruiser:
If you allready HAS booked a cruise, but has a booking number you got onboard, can you use the number to adjust the price for your cruise, if you haven't payed the invoice yet?

What if you want to book for 5 persons on board?
You need to book 2 cabins then, and get 2 booking numbers?
Does anyone know the answear of this?
Would have been great to know =)
Old 08-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Administrator

I am not sure, but it may be a moot point for you. My booking info says this program is only for residents of the U.S. and Canada.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:20 AM

Thanks Dave for the answer. No expiration is better than 3 years. Now, for a really stupid question, what is the benefit of buying this next cruise thing? It looks like you pay $100 to get a $100 credit which is a wash but is there something I am missing? What do you gain vs. just waiting till you are ready and then booking? Thanks again.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Administrator

The fee is credited towards the cruise that you finally book, so you aren't losing that money.

When I finalize the booking the $300 I paid for NextCruise will be credited toward the deposit. In essence I have prepaid part of my next cruise deposit. The onboard credit can be as much as $200 depending on the cruise that I eventually pick.

Frankly I don't think this is a good choice for those who don't cruise often. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't planning on another RCI cruise in the next year or so. I mean, I am going to book another RCI cruise soon so it made sense for me to get the NextCruise reservation and lock in a shipboard credit. If I wasn't going to be with RCI for another 3 years then it would be stupid of me to give them $300 now.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 AM

Thanks Dave. You said $300, I take it that was for 3 people? It makes more sense now. How do you know what the onboard credit will be? We will have to discuss if we are going again next year or waiting until 2009. Unfortunately, we are nowhere near retirement and being able to plan stuff whenever we want. Maybe one of these days!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
activities, board, book, booking, caribbean, carribean, credit, cruise, deals, onboard, payment, purchase, return, royal, royalonboardbookinguse, xruise