Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 11:44 PM

hi iam having trouble to decide which ship.
Are all the ships the same or is there one that you mega cruisers would recomend more than the rest (vogayer class)and any tips on which type of staterooms place deck type (not for the mega rich suits)something for us budget first timers
with 4 kids
Old 11-03-2006, 05:44 AM

I love Freedom of the Seas for families. If there are 6 of you, you'll need two rooms. If you book early enough, you travel agent should be able to find two connecting rooms for you, whether you're looking for a room with windows or without.

If your kids are old enough to be semi-on-their-own, you may even want rooms across the hall from each other, with you having a room with a window and the kids having a less expensive room, without a window. Or you could keep some of the kids with you in your room and let the older ones have the separate room.

In any case, Freedom of the Seas is a huge, wonderful ship with lots and lots of great features and things to do for adults and kids. However, it's usually a bit more expensive than some of Royal Caribbean's other ships, since Freedom is the latest and the greatest. I'd talk to an experienced cruise-selling travel agent to flesh out your options, price points, etc.

Sandy
Old 11-03-2006, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by swk:
hi iam having trouble to decide which ship.
Are all the ships the same or is there one that you mega cruisers would recomend more than the rest (vogayer class)and any tips on which type of staterooms place deck type (not for the mega rich suits)something for us budget first timers
with 4 kids
Hi swk, We've been on Explorer and Voyager of the seas it has a lot to offer for family like wall rock climbing, ice skating, in-line skate, mini golf and so on. You can also go to the RCCL website they have all the info you'll need and also lots of website for cruising on budget I know because we like to shop around and get more for your buck. We always found that going to a travel agent always cost twice of what it really cost, but you might be lucky. Also I would suggest to study a few port of call that you all would like to see that way you wont be stuck with either the beach or shopping some port can be fun and also educational for kids and parents and what a way to share memories. Specially first time cruisers. I still remember ours we visited the Mayan ruin. Anyway just do a lot of research, oh and relax.
Cinderilla
Old 11-03-2006, 02:55 PM

Hi swk

Welcome to cruise-chat. I have been on RCCL's

Sovereign of the Seas (10)
Radiance of the Seas (1)
Mariner of the Seas (2)
Voyager of the Seas (1)

All of these ships I feel have their own charm unique to them. I know its my opinion but for 3-4 day cruises no other ship can match the Sovereign for class and service. I have not been on the Freedom yet. Between the Radiance and the other 2 I feel that the Radiance is the best from the stand point it still has the old cruise standards in someways. ( I know this statement is probally get some critics) I feel at least when I sailed on the Radiance that she had RCCL's best people on her. Everyone just seem so very friendly, helpful, and just down right professional. I felt that The Mariner was better than Voyager but then the Mariner is newer. I have personally been on over 40 cruises since 1981 and if I had to go on a 7-8 day cruise it would right now be the Radiance or (Freedom or Liberty to see how they are) or 3-4 day would be Sovereign without hesitation.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-05-2006, 06:06 PM

Hello swk, I have been on all the Voyager class ships more than once. The Freedom is the best of all the Voyager class ships. The Adventure of the seas sails out of San Juan so it would cost more to fly there to sail on the Adventure. Any Voyager class ship is AWESOME in comparsion to any other ship. The least expensive cabin would be an inside cabin. Sometimes you'll find that an outside, or balcony cabin, isn't that much more. With 4 kids you'll want to consider ajoining rooms. My wife and I are taking our Granddaughter on the Voyager of the seas next month.

Sonny
Old 11-05-2006, 08:01 PM

Hey swk

I would have to agree with sonny about the voyger class ships for you because of all the activities that kids can do. Such as ice skate and the wave machine. See the way I approach picking the cruise that I am going on is by the activities and ports that I am interested in. If I was traveling with children I would chose a ship best suited for them and yet the one that would still have things for me to do. But I normally do not cruise with kids. Don't get me wrong I have taken my grand kids on cruises but I chose the ship and itenerary that suited the situation with them. In your case since you are taking the 4 kids the Freedom in my opinion would be best for that. I typically go on cruises for relaxation and when I can romance. So when I recommend a ship I sometimes am thinking that way. "Regardless" of the ship you chose if it is a RCCL ship you will have a great time. They all have activities for the kids. You should also go through a travel agent that has lots of experience with cruises. But don't assume they have lots of experince because a lot of them don't.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-05-2006, 08:12 PM

Hey swk

One other thing I would strongly recommend, You do not mention the kids ages so if they are 16 years or less I would not recommend a cabin for them across from you. If they get scared in the middle of the night or want to adventure and you are in your cabin you will not know it and if they open the door you do not know what or who are waiting in the hallways for them. If you are on a budget I would recommend adjoining inside cabins on the Freedom but in reality The Mariner or Voyager ships are sailing at lower rates and go to the same ports for the most part. But do get adjoining cabins for piece of mind.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
class, cruises, day, radiance, same, ships, voyager