Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2004, 07:04 AM

I went on the Soverign in May of 2003 and I can't exactly remember how the towel situation worked for taking them to the pool. I want to say that we packed beach towels we didn't mind losing because there was some kind of fee if you lost the ones they gave you? Also, I can't remember the quality of the towel that they give you for the pool. Do they provide them at the pool? I do remember taking my own from home when we went to CocoCay. The RCI website doesn't cover these questions. Secondly, if we have our towels washed and dried, how long does that take to get back? They are so bulky to pack I was just trying to avoid taking them from home. What does everyone else do?

Newslady77
Old 11-14-2004, 07:04 AM

I went on the Soverign in May of 2003 and I can't exactly remember how the towel situation worked for taking them to the pool. I want to say that we packed beach towels we didn't mind losing because there was some kind of fee if you lost the ones they gave you? Also, I can't remember the quality of the towel that they give you for the pool. Do they provide them at the pool? I do remember taking my own from home when we went to CocoCay. The RCI website doesn't cover these questions. Secondly, if we have our towels washed and dried, how long does that take to get back? They are so bulky to pack I was just trying to avoid taking them from home. What does everyone else do?

Newslady77
Old 11-14-2004, 07:23 AM

They will deliver one towel per passenger to your cabin on the first day for use both at the pool and ashore. If you lose it, they charge you around $20 for the towel. I am not sure that they have ever charged anyone, but that it is more of a motivator to bring the towels back from going ashore. If you use a towel, your room stewerd will replace it with a fresh one each evening.

I have noticed that towels are made available on at-sea days by the pool, but everyone has been trained to take theirs when they vacate a lounge chair, which frees up all the lounge chairs where people would normally leave the towels for someone else to pick up. The towels are of reasonable quality.

You can see the reasoning behind the move when you consider how many towels must be left in ports on the beach after each visit. It must be very expensive to keep replacing the ship's stock with new towels.

Royal Caribbean does not have self-service laundry facilities, so you would have to have the ship launder any towels that you bring with you. I am not sure what the charge would be, but it is similar to what you would pay to have them laundered at home. It would take two days to get them back unless you did the "express 1-day service" that adds an additional 50% to the cost.

Hope that helps. Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 11-14-2004, 08:50 AM

Thanks Tom. I think I will pack at least 2 of my own. Like I said, I couldn't remember. I realize there aren't self service laundry services but I had no idea it would take 2 days to get an item back from laundry services! I'm glad you knew that answer! Thanks!
Old 11-14-2004, 01:27 PM

Actually, I use the ship's laungry servicees on every cruise. I take a lot of my cruise clothes on the ship needing laundering and have it done the first day. This way, my tux, slacks and shirts are not wrinkled from being packed for the trip to the ship. It works great and costs about the same as having them done at home.

Tom
Old 11-30-2004, 02:18 PM

We just got off the Celebrity Millineum. They have plenty of towels at pool side and blankets on chilly days. The towl restrictions must be relatively new and apply the mother line(RCL) only. two years ago the Radiance and the Adventure also had no towel restrictions

Don
Old 11-30-2004, 05:27 PM

I first noticed the towel restriction on Grandeur in December 2003. As you can imagine, I managed to loose mine on the second day, but told my cabin steward about it that afternoon. She brought me one in the evening. On both Granduer and Sovereign, there are towel exchanges available at pool side so you can keep a dry one at hand.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:02 PM

I will say that the RCCL beach towels are about a foot and a half shorter than Carnival's

Too Long!

Click here for my website

Closed Thread

Tags
back, caribbean, carnival, costs, cruise, laundry, long, losing, pool, press, royal, service, ship, ships, towel, towels