Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 09:42 AM

I was wondering if charges on ship are applied to the shore accounts as used, daily or once at the end of the cruise.

I know we charge everything to a ship card, but I didn't know how often it actually drew from our account. We wanted to use our bank card and get paid half way through the cruise.

Also can the tips be charged or must they be paid in cash. I am speaking of tips to the ships staff, not shore excursions.

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Administrator

You can charge tips to your account. Unlike other lines, RCCL still defaults to the cash in envelope system but you can go to the desk and have the tips added to your account. They will then provide you with vouchers that you put in the envelopes - I assume the staff then turns the voucher in and gets their money.

I've never used a debit card for my account. With credit cards they put a hold on a certain amount of your credit line and then submit the final tab after the cruise is over.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:03 PM
We used our Visa Debit card from our bank this year on Mariner and had no problem. We too got paid half way through the cruise-what happens is that you charge everything to your Sea Pass, and at then end of the cruise, your debit card is charged, just like a credit card would. Nothing comes our of your Debit Card until there is a total for the entire cruise, and then you get a list on the last night of all charges to your Sea Pass Account so you know extactly how much will be taken from your bank. You may also use the television in your cabin to keep track of your Sea Pass Account. I believe that only On-Board things are charged to your Sea Pass, unless you use the Sea Pass Card to purchase port excursions or trips.
Hope this helps-have a great trip!!

Closed Thread

Tags
card, carnival, charge, charges, cruise, debit, onboard, pass, sea, seapass, stuff