Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 PM

The $100 on-board credit will no longer be applicable in conjunction with other on-board credits programs--such as next cruise bookings. Any bookings confirmed before October 15, 2008 will not apply to this new policy. All shareholders will receive notice on the new policy via e-mail. I just wonder what else they're going to take away...

Old 10-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I guess everybody is struggling!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:19 AM

Sonny, that is a little much. I just looked at CCL's policy and they haven't extended the program past February 28th 2009. So I don't know what will happen with them either. I don't currently have shares, but was thinking of picking up some while they were on sale.

Sorry for the drift about CCL, but it is an interesting topic.

Dwayne
Old 10-04-2008, 04:06 PM

Sonny...have you received the e-mail yet? We haven't. I'm not real happy about that at all but, maybe when this all settles down they will put it back in.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 10-04-2008, 07:33 PM

I got the information from the diamond plus desk; I didn't get the official email yet. I'm thinking of booking another cruise before the 15th. If the stock ever gets back up to what I paid for it, I'm going to sell it. Until then I won't be buying any more "Next Cruise Bookings", or booking any cruises while on board; instead, I'll use my shareholder benefit for the on-board credit. If they ever decide to take away the concierge lounge, I'll be ready to book a Princess cruise. I not happy with what I'm seeing.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:54 AM

I haven't had mine applied to our Oasis cruises yet...I better get that done before the 15th then.

We're looking forward to our Mariner cruise this month. Maybe we will run into each other

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 10-05-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
I got the information from the diamond plus desk; I didn't get the official email yet. I'm thinking of booking another cruise before the 15th. If the stock ever gets back up to what I paid for it, I'm going to sell it. Until then I won't be buying any more "Next Cruise Bookings", or booking any cruises while on board; instead, I'll use my shareholder benefit for the on-board credit. If they ever decide to take away the concierge lounge, I'll be ready to book a Princess cruise. I not happy with what I'm seeing.

This is the big reward for your loyalty all these years.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 AM

Another response from RCI.....

Good day,

We are aware there are a lot of unhappy shareholders at this time. Policies do change and this is one that has. To give you a better understanding of what will be combinable with the shareholder benefit offer. You will no longer be able to confirm the shareholder benefit with any onboard credit offers,(booking onboard special sales, etc.) with the exception of Royal Rewards for the RCL credit card. If you have points that entitle you to an onboard credit this will be combinable with shareholder benefits. If a travel agent provides you with an onboard credit, this will have no bearing on the shareholder onboard credit either, they will be combinable. The Platinum and Diamond balcony cabin discounts will also be combinable with the shareholder benefit. Crown and Anchor coupons will not be combinable with the shareholder obc. As one shareholder remarked about the stock, you need to look at this as mostly an investment in the Company and if you get the additional credit it would be an extra perk that goes with it. If you would like to advise the shareholders on CruiseCritic, by all means please do so as there is so much confusion out there that it may help. Let us know if you need any further information.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:53 PM

RichC also posted a response in the Celebrity forum.

Here is a link.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
anchor, benefit, benefits, caribbean, credit, crown, cruise, cruisecships, cruises, norwegian, princess, royal, shareholder, shareholders, stockholder, vip