Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 08:54 AM

Just returned from AOS and we were told that 3 families were advised to leave the ship and not return at St. Maarten. The story going around was that thier kids were warned not to get in trouble anymore and they did. I was wondering if anyone else heard this and if it is true.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-14-2009, 11:08 AM

I have not heard of the story, but yes, they can put you off of a ship. That is why it is important that you have a passport, and comply with the passenger's contract and rules of conduct.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Administrator

I've not read the story and can't find it on google. It does happen every once in a while. They had to have done some pretty bad stuff to get tossed, if true. I mean things like trying to fraudulently obtain alcohol, causing fights or public disruptions, etc.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:53 AM

I don't get it. If parents can't control their kids, why would they take them on a cruise? I've heard of whole families being put ashore because of children getting into trouble. Things have to be pretty bad before that kind of action is taken. Now those parents are being punished along with their kids. Lesson learned...you think?

Sonny

Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 AM

That is horrible and scary to be stranded so far from home. I agree. They must have done some pretty bad things to get thrown off. I don't get it. When I was growing up, all my Mum had to do was look at me in that scary way and I straightened up.

Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 PM

I know it has to have been something really bad, they don't do that as their first recourse. GenCan, my mom had that look, too. I still haven't read anything about it.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:42 PM

My mom didn't even have to look at me--she just had to glance toward the strap. Nothing irks me more than unruly children with no parents present - or ignoring their behavior.

Sonny

Old 04-14-2009, 08:18 PM

May I second the 'ignoring their behavior' statement? That is a pet peeve of mine.

I have to say though, when I boarded the Freedom and saw all the children my first thought was, "I'll never get an elevator!" but I have to say, there were very few unruly children on that cruise. Most were very well behaved which was nice for me because I am one who will voice her opinion when a younger party is being rude, disturbing or obnoxious. I've had a few parents huff off because of something I said to their ill-behaved child. Someone has to parent them.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree with you. It has to be discipline with children.This days some parents don't care how they kids are behaving. Las year we were siting with family form Canada and two young kids. It was pleasure for 7 days with kids why behave like litlle lady and young gentelman.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 AM

We took our 4 boys on their first cruise last summer and I think for them that cruises now "top" ANY vacation. HOWEVER I can not tell you enough that if we had received a complaint about their behavior in the "teen room" or the "children's fun room", they would have been in DEEP TROUBLE. Don't know about the "strap", but my mom had "a switch" that worked well with me.
Anyway, I agree, that parents should watch their kids, but that cruises are an excellent family vacation since kids will love it b/c of all the activities, but parents will ALSO love it because of ALL THE ACTIVITIES for the kids!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
ship, thrown