Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 06:44 PM

We are going on the Mariner of the Seas in Jan 06 and are boarding the ship from Port Carnaveral. Can you pls tell me how far is Port Carnaveral from the Disneyworld theme parks and also some approx pricing for travel. We have booked in the suite above the junior suite, can anyone who has travelled in this cabin give me an idea on what it is like and also any hints etc on the mariner of the sea.
Thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Banned

Hi Val63 - I can only give you a little help. Here is a link to pictures I took of our junior suite last month. Can't comment on the next better ones.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php

Here is a link to the review that my partner wrote about our cruise on the Mariner.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...ftheSeas34.htm

It's about an hour drive from Disney to the Port. I don't know about prices, but I'm sure some else will add that information.

You will love the Mariner. It is a fantastic ship with lots to do for all ages.

Hope this helps and that you have a great cruise.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:02 PM

Val63:
Let us know what types of topics you would like tips or other information. I am excited for you that you have booked on this awesome ship.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:22 PM

There are a number of companies that provide shuttle service from Orlando to the Port of Canaveral. They are all listed on their website. I know that SpacePort Transport costs $60 for 1-3 passengers +$10 pp extra for more than 3. Here is the link to the Port Website:
http://www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/groundtrans.htm

Hope this helps -

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-15-2005, 02:21 AM

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query, will definitely check the transportation recomended. Formal nights, is one expected to wear black tie or a dinner jacket will do.
What is the weather down the caribean in Jan, is it hot or cold what sort of cothes should we carry. Well we are travelling to florida from NZ and it is summer for us hence need some advice. Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 05:03 AM

Dinner jacket is fine for formal nights. As for other clothing, it should be quite pleasant (read: warm and sunny - ave. temp about 80) in the Caribbean. Their weather remains relatively constant all year. Florida/Bahamas can be a different story, however. Although it could be 80 and beautiful, a cold front could pass by making temperatures dip in to lower 50's and possibly even 40's on a rare occasion. So, I wouldn't pack winter wear, but a lightweight jacket and sweater would be advisable.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-15-2005, 06:38 AM

The airport is in Orlando (or just outside of it), the port is about35 mile due east of Orlando and the Disney parks are located north-west of Orlando. If you stay in one of the hotels around Disney World, then it is going to be a good run to get to the port and peobably cost you a fair amount (over $100 in a taxy) but this might be the best way to go.

Another alternative is to get back to the airport and take the RCI transfer to the port. This might be a little less expensive, but would be an additional effort with your luggage.

The Mariner of the Seas is an AWESOME ship and you and your family will love it.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 09-27-2005, 05:59 AM

Hi, we are also on Mariner of the Seas Jan 15th 2006 - is that your date? We are first time cruisers as well and had similar questions so thanks for the info!
Old 09-27-2005, 07:46 AM

Val, have you booked your flights through the cruise line or separately? If you are doing them separately, I STRONGLY advise flying in a day or two before the cruise - perhaps two in your case, as you are coming from so far away. If you spend several days in the Orlando area, you may want to stay at a hotel near Disney World or Universal Studios theme parks, but if not, there are several decent hotels near the Orlando airport that may work for you. Most of the airport-area hotels have complimentary shuttles to/from the airport, but check on this before booking one.

Closed Thread

Tags
canavral, port