Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2005, 08:43 PM

Grandeur 2/19/05 - I read in the brochure that no irons are provided on our ship because of fire regulations. Does that mean we shouldn't bring our portables? I would hate to do without it. Also, should I bring a blow dryer? Thanks, Lisa
Old 02-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Banned

Some of the ships I have been on have a iron in the luandry area. All of the newer ships have blow driers. As in many hotels they may or may not work. They do not have more than one speed or heat setting.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:40 AM

Lisa, I took a small travel iron and a steamer with me on my recent cruise on The Mariner.Of course I was very careful with these ,and made sure not only were they unplugged but cooled as well befour I put them up.
I used the glass top coffee table with a towel folded over it as my ironing surface.It was very helpful to freshen my clothes that always have some wrinkles no matter how careful I am when packing.
If you decide to do as I did ,please remember all safety precautions because you not only have your life in your hands but literaly thousands of others!!!!!!
Oh, and as my sainted mother always said,there is no such thing as a dumb question! Have a great time on your vacation! I sure did!!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:00 AM

When we were on the Grandeur a few years ago, there were no blow driers in the cabins. Fortunately, I had one and it was the only hair dryer for our group of 14. Bring one.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:30 PM

We read in our Adventure of the Sea paperwork that there are no irons in the rooms and there is no laundry facility. So, unless we want to bring our own, all we can do is send stuff to drycleaning to get it pressed.
Golden Princess - March 2003
Disney Magic - October 1998

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, blow, caribbean, cruise, cruises, disney, dryer, dryers, iron, irons, princess, royal, seas, ship, ships