Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 06:53 PM

Hi,

I have a bit of a dilemna. We have 3 kids (13, 10 & 8) and want a winter break cruise. We have reserved on both Freedom and Caribbean Princess. Price difference is great--Freedom is $2600+ more expensive. Freedom seems to have more fun things for kids. Can anyone please give me some advice. Would the Princess cruise be a mistake?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:07 AM

i really think you sould go on the freedom
(i havent been on it yet), but it sounds so good especially for the kids , they will love it, there are so many things for them to do and you will remember it more, also its latest and new.

the princess cruises are more suited for couples in my opinion, the only thing they advertise is movies under the stars, not that special iv heard!

let us know what you booked.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:11 AM

Hi sufside, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Princess does have some great areas for children and they have a good children's program. Movies Under the Stars is very unique and fun. Freedom of the Seas has the flo-rider, which the Caribbean Princess doesn't. Freedom is newer than the Caribbean and larger. To me, Princess has better food, but that is my taste. I enjoy Princess more, but don't have 3 children with me, just one big one (my hubby) Both ships are immaculate, the service on both will be great. They both have arcade areas for the children, they both have children's programs. Freedom will have more novelty items. I guess it would boil down to, itinerary and cost. If cost is not a factor, then it boils down to itinerary. Your children will have a memorable experience on either ship. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard. Let us know what you decide.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:59 AM

Either choice would be a great experience for you and the kiddos. Both great ships and great companies. During Spring break they will have plenty of children in your childrens age range on both. Both companies will have good childrens programs. So it comes down to whether the bells and whistles are worth the $2600. difference. I believe Freedom would be a superior ship for children, no doubt about it. The roller blade track, flow rider, basketball court, ice rink, rock climbing wall, mini-golf course, etc. It's a very long list, the ship is the cruise destination for kids on such a cruise.

Are those features worth the difference and do they meet your budget without it being financially painful for 6 months after your vacation?

Whatever you decide, decide fast. Multiple occupancy cabins (also connecting and side by side cabins) are getting vary rare on desirable ships and dates. You may find you'll be forced into higher cost categories or unable to book them at all very soon.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-03-2007, 06:16 PM

Not to mention the H2O zone which is a water park for the kids on the Freedom. I agree with everything TrvlPro says, and everyone knows I'm loyal to Royal Caribbean. However, $2,600 is a lot of money. The kids are going to have a blast on any cruise you choose.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, children, cost, cruise, freedom, great, kids, princess, rci, review, reviews, seas, tips, waterpark