Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 08:06 AM

Do people think the Royal Caribbean may upgrade anything for us given it is our Honeymoon? Any advise on that?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:22 AM

It is highly unlikely as you will discover when you are onboard that there possibly be 50 or so more honeymoon couples. They will have a champane pary for you but if the cruise is full don't expect much more than that. Sorry, I hope I am wrong! Have a great time though!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:25 AM

Thanks, for your response, heres hoping to an empty ship.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:39 AM

It also depends on what cabin and how you booked your cabin. If you booked into a "Guaranteed" category you possibly might get an upgrade. If you already are booked into a balcony category it doesn't leave alot of room for upgrading. Sometimes how far in advance you book also plays into the possible upgrade factor.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:42 AM

We are on the Voyager or the Seas going September 23, 2006. It sounds like the ship is full and we are taking an inside state room, I think we only have the choice of either Q or N. We ar not to bothered as we plan to spend as much time on shore as possible. We are book today.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 PM

Congratulations on a great choice for Honeymoon! We spent ours on the Explorer of the Seas in October and had a fantastic time.

The travel agent told RCL that we were on Honeymoon and they gave us a free Romance Package. Basically this gave us champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries on arrival to the cabin, a special romance breakfast, canapes before the first formal night, more chocolate strawberries and a free formal portrait and frame.

These certainly helped to make the time even more special!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:18 PM

As far as cabin upgrades - I'm afraid we were told this wasn't possible. (Interestingly Princess Cruises did offer a cabin upgrade)

We did get a table for two in the restuarant though if you'd rather just spend the time together!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:04 AM

Awesome, thanks for the information. Hopefully we will receive the same amazing service you received, but I looking forward to this a lot. On top of our cruise we are going to fly to Venice to stray with my fiancée family and after I am going to fly to England to see some of my family and see a few sites on the way. It should be a really good few weeks.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, honeymoon, royal, upgrade, upgraded